Dynamically fill the Aspose PDF Form's expandable table

Hi Ying,

I’m sorry to inform you that this feature can not be provided in short time. It might be available in Q4’2010.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Hi,

Just want to find out if you have any idea as to whether this feature will be available at Q4’2010.

We have many predefined PDF forms and we need to dynamically fill them with the database values. If this problem can not be resolved very soon, we might have to look for other alternatives.

Thanks!
-Ying

Hi Ying,

Our team is working on this issue; however, I’m afraid, we’re unable to share the ETA of this issue at the moment. I have asked our development team to share the ETA and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once some response is received.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
Regards,

Thanks for the update. I am looking forward to your ETA update ASAP.

As I mentioned in my previous post, this Aspose java library’s “inability to expand and fill the existing table” is a show stopper for our product and we will need to have some definite answers by the end quarter of the year. otherwise, we will have to investigate other alternatives.

Hi Ying,

I understand your concern; I have asked our team to share whether this would be feasible by the end of Q4’2010. You’ll be updated accordingly.

Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 16242) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi,

I have a similar requirement too. As far as I understood this request is already developed but can you share a simple java code to fill expandable table in to the existing PDF dynamically?

Thanks

Hi Tunca,

I’m sorry to inform you that we didn’t support dynamically expandable tables in general. We had fixed the issue according to this customer’s particular requirement. The complete dynamic form support is currently not available. However, if you could share the documents relating to your particular scenario, we’ll be able to investigate and consider it for future implementation. However, I’m afraid, it might not be available in short time.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi,

I work with Ying and it’s me that handles the task now.

I tried again, using a static pdf template, with flowed content form that contains a table; the table contains one row (besides the header row) with binding of type “Repeat Row for Each Data Item”.

Can you provide a code example on how to use the API to solve the issue described by Ying?

Thanks
Regards

Hi Cristina,

Thanks for contacting support and sorry for the delayed response.

I am afraid currently Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java does not support the feature to manipulate tables in existing PDF document. So as per your requirement stated above, you have created a table and you need to add more rows to table in existing PDF file. I am afraid this feature is currently not support and we already have logged this requirement ad PDFKITJAVA-33222 in our issue tracking system. As soon as this feature becomes available, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction.

Please be patient and spare us little time. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Hi,

Our clients have been asking about this feature and it had been several years since we submitted this support case - would you please update us on the status of this item?

Thanks!
Ying

Hi Ying,

Thanks for contacting support.

From above post, do you need updates regarding the feature of manipulating tables in existing PDF files ? If so is the case, then we are pleased to share that Aspose.Pdf for Java supports the feature to Manipulate tables in existing PDF.

In case you have different requirement, please feel free to contact.

Thanks for your update.

In you linked document:
<!–[if gte mso 9]>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:TrackFormatting/>
<w:PunctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:DoNotPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>ZH-CN</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/>
<w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/>
<w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/>
<w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/>
<w:Word11KerningPairs/>
<w:CachedColBalance/>
</w:Compatibility>
<w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val=“Cambria Math”/>
<m:brkBin m:val=“before”/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="–"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val=“off”/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:rMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:defJc m:val=“centerGroup”/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val=“1440”/>
<m:intLim m:val=“subSup”/>
<m:naryLim m:val=“undOvr”/>
</m:mathPr></w:WordDocument>
<![endif]–><span style=“font-size:11.0pt;font-family:“Calibri”,“sans-serif”;
mso-fareast-font-family:宋体;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;mso-bidi-font-family:
“Times New Roman”;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:ZH-CN;
mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>A Customer wants to update table in existing PDF
dynamically. Including deleting / insertion of rows. This request is a bit
difficult to implement and current implementation of TableAbsorber cannot
fulfill such requirements.

This is exactly the case we need to handle, since the database records are dynamic and we need the ability to extend the existing rows or delete them as needed.

Do you have any clue as if the feature will be implemented?

<!–[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:宋体; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

<![endif]–>

Hi Ying,

Thanks for sharing the details.

I am afraid currently Aspose.Pdf for Java does not support the feature to delete rows of table in existing PDF file. However for the sake of implementation, I have logged this requirement as PDFNEWJAVA-35610 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.