We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Editable chart on SSRS

Hi every one,

We are looking for a solution to export report from SSRS to Excel with editable chart.

I’m trying the evaluation version for test, i put Chart value=“all” in the xml file;

Since, i have the following error :
Invalid marker size : it must be between 2 and 27

I'm trying to change chart, marker type and size, etc... But nothing to do. So the export to excel with editable chart really work?

Thanks for your answers.

The complete error in the excel file :

error message Invalid marker size : it must be between 2 and 27.
stack trace à .(Int32 )

à .(ChartSeries , , Int32 )

à . ()

à . (Int32 , ReportElement )

à .()

à .()

à .()

à .( )

à Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Renderer.(Report , NameValueCollection , NameValueCollection , NameValueCollection , Hashtable& , CreateAndRegisterStream )

à Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Renderer.Render(Report report, NameValueCollection reportServerParameters, NameValueCollection deviceInfo, NameValueCollection clientCapabilities, Hashtable& renderProperties, CreateAndRegisterStream createAndRegisterStream)

Hi,

Thanks for providing us some details.

Could you provide us sample RDL file and an Excel file (XLS) by built-in renderer, we will check it soon.

PS. please try our latest Aspose.Cells for RS version v16.12.0 if you are not already using it:
http://downloads.aspose.com/cells/reportingservices

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

We were able to observe this issue but we still need your RDL file to investigate it properly and fix the issue. We have also logged this issue in our database for investigation.

Please also test us your SQL Server version e.g. 2008/12/14 etc. We will provide you a fix for your specific version.

This issue has been logged as

• SSRS-40243 - Exception - Invalid marker size it must be between 2 and 27

Hi,

Thanks for your answers.

I attach the rdl file and the xls generated by aspose with this message.

I work on SQL Server 2012. I try with the latest version of aspose and also the previous version. Same result.

I try :
- Without Chart value=“all” in the xml file : OK;
- With Chart value = “all” : not OK;
- With Chart value = “all” but without chart in report : OK.

I try also to change the type of chart, properties, etc… etc… But nothing to do, the error is the same.

Thanks for your consideration.

Hi,

Thanks for providing all the necessary information and considering Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

We have added your comment in our database for investigation of this issue. We will provide you a fixed dll which could be used with SQL Server 2012. Once, there is some fix or other news for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

We have found the issue and fixed it.

Please download and try the fixed version: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services (SSRS2012).

Please copy Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll into following folder:

${SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services}\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin

Please let us know your run results.

Hi,

It’s not seem better. Just a new error.

error message Le format de la chaîne d'entrée est incorrect. (in english : Input string is not in correct format)
stack trace à System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)

à System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)

à System.Double.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)

à System.Convert.ToDouble(String value)

à .(ChartAxis , )

à .(ChartAxis , , Boolean )

à . ()

à . ​(Int32 , ReportElement )

à .()

à .()

à .()

à .( )

à Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Renderer.(Report , NameValueCollection , NameValueCollection , NameValueCollection , Hashtable& , CreateAndRegisterStream )

à Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Renderer.Render(Report report, NameValueCollection reportServerParameters, NameValueCollection deviceInfo, NameValueCollection clientCapabilities, Hashtable& renderProperties, CreateAndRegisterStream createAndRegisterStream)

Best regards.

EDIT: I pass the report in English and it's OK. I know this error, it's come from the "FR" langage.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

We have logged your comment and exception in our database against this issue. We will look into it and update you. Once, there is some fix or other news for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

We have enhanced convert string to double through report language.

Please try the fixed version: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services (SSRS2012) V16.12.0.2.

Please copy Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll into following folder:

${SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services}\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin

If your still face the issue, please tell us your OS or SQL Server environment. We will create simulation environment and check it. Please let us know your run results.