Editable pdf via JasperReports?

Is it actually possible to generate editable pdfs via the ‘Aspose.Pdf for JasperReports’ component? I guess the information on which fields to make editable would have to be added to the .jrxml source file? Is there an example/demo for this?

Thanks

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your inquiry. I’m afraid I’m not clear about your requirements. Can you please share some more details about your requirement? Do you mean a Pdf form by editable document? We will appreciated if you please share an expected output document here.

Best Regards,

A pdf form, then, yes. See attachment for an example. Is that not what you mean by “Editable PDF Documents” as mentioned here: Feature Tour|Aspose.PDF for JasperReports

Hi Richard,

Thanks for providing additional information. I’m sorry for the confusion caused with editable Pdf document wording. It means the resultant document will not be image Pdf but text and image can be searched and editable, e.g Aspose.Pdf Kit for java can be used for editing.

In reference to your requirement of fill-able fields, I’m afraid currently Aspose.Pdf for JasperReports doesn’t support this feature. However, I have logged a new feature request as PDFJASPER-33135 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and resolution. We will keep you updated about issue progress via this forum thread.

Moreover as a workaround, you can use Aspose.Pdf Kit for java to add fields in JasperReports resultant pdf document.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,