Edition Error

I am having Aspose.Excel Lisence(Professional).

When i run the following code it gives error

After seeting the Lisence as

Dim license As Aspose.Excel.License = New Aspose.Excel.License

Dim licenseExcelFile As String = currentDir + "\Aspose.Excel.lic"

license.SetLicense(licenseExcelFile)

Designer.SetDataSource(dsAll.Tables(1))---After this line it gives error as

Message "VBA or macro in designer spreadsheet is not supported in Professional Edition. Unfortunately, this feature is only available in Enterprise Edition, but your license is for Professional Edition. Please contact Aspose to upgrade your license." String.

I have searched fir this and got the information that Aspose.Excel is now Aspose.Cells and the same professional Lisence would do work that of Enterprise also.

What is solution please let me know.

Regards,

Aarti Sawant

Hi Aarti,

Just download and use Aspose.Cells.

I have downloaded the Aspose.Cells Dll and using the same License file,but still i am getting the below mentioned error

VBA or macro in designer spreadsheet is not supported in Professional Edition. Unfortunately, this feature is only available in Enterprise Edition, but your license is for Professional Edition. Please contact Aspose to upgrade your license.

The excel gets generated with data but the Macros/VBA used on Excel File doesnt work.

I am mailing you the the License file and the Draft Excel for your ref.

Regards,

Aarti Sawant

Dear Aarti,

The error shows that you still use the old Aspose.Excel.dll and your license edition is professional edition which doesn't support VBA/Macro feature.

Now Aspose.Excel is upgraded to Aspose.Cells. Please:

1. Remove the reference to Aspose.Excel and add the reference to Aspose.Cells.

2. Find all "Aspose.Excel" string in your application and replace it with "Aspose.Cells".

Aspose.Cells can still use your old license file and it merges Professional and Enterprise edition into one edition. Now all features are included in Professional edition.

I attached a latest version here. Please try it.

By the way, please put your license code at the start of your program before creating Excel or ExcelDesigner instance.

Dim license As Aspose.Excel.License = New Aspose.Excel.License

My mistake. Now the SetLicense code should be:

Dim license As Aspose.Cells.License = New Aspose.Cells.License