Editting Chart Type of Combo with a clustered column series and scatter series- scatter shows as clustered column

Hello,

When going through the process to update a chart’s series data, one of the series’ type is ignored.

Here is how the master slide is setup:

it has a combo chart type. series 1 is a clustered column and series 2 is scatter.

When the editing occurs, the values are correct for the scatter series, but instead of the single points, it has clustered columns.

Would the code have to be forced to keep the scatter series type, or should the aspose library keep that series type and just update the values.

thanks

Hi Brent,

Thanks for your inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the scenario shared by you and like to share that Aspose.Slides for .NET offers to associate different series types in chart. Can you please share the detailed requirements along with sample application that you are using, generated presentation and desired presentation with us. I will try my best to help you further in this regard.

I can offer you the following sample code for the time being to see how multiples chart series works in Aspose.Slides. Please use the following sample code and attached presentation for your kind reference.

public static void AddMultipleChart()
{
PresentationEx pres = new PresentationEx();

SlideEx slide = pres.Slides[0];

ChartEx chart = slide.Shapes.AddChart(ChartTypeEx.ClusteredColumn, 50, 50, 500, 450);

//Getting the chart data worksheet

ChartDataCellFactory fact = chart.ChartData.ChartDataCellFactory;

chart.SecondValueAxis.IsVisible = true;
chart.SecondCategoryAxis.IsVisible = true;
//Adding new series
int id = chart.ChartData.Series.Add(fact.GetCell(0, 0, 4, “Line 1”), ChartTypeEx.Line);

//Take first chart series
ChartSeriesEx series = chart.ChartData.Series[id];

//Add Series values
series.Values.Add(fact.GetCell(0, 1, 4, 1));
series.Values.Add(fact.GetCell(0, 2, 4, 4));
series.Values.Add(fact.GetCell(0, 3, 4, 2));
series.Values.Add(fact.GetCell(0, 4, 4, 6));
//Changing the chart series marker
series.MarkerSize = 10;
series.MarkerSymbol = MarkerStyleTypeEx.Star;
series.PlotOnSecondAxis = true;
pres.Write(“D:\Aspose Data\TestChart.pptx”);