Effects lost on text layers when converting PSD file to PNG or JPG

I am evaluating your imaging API for .NET and I came across the issue for which I'm hoping you would be able to help me resolve.

I have the PSD file, that contains few text layers. Each layer contains multiple effects applied to it. When I used your API to convert PSD to other supported formats (JPG or PNG), all text layers seem to loose their effects as well as font.

Could you please let me know if this is expected operational behavior or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry and interest in Aspose.Imaging.

This is to update you that we need a sample input PSD file to analyze the issue. Please forward us the sample PSD file along with code snippet you used. We will try to reproduce the issue at our end and update you with our findings in this thread.

Hey Ikram,

Thank you for your response. Please download the sample PSD file from here.

Also, attached you can find the snipet you requested.If there is something else you need, let me know.

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Hi,

Thank you for sharing sample and code.

This is to update you that we have investigated the issue at our end. Initial investigation shows that the issue persists. The issue has been logged into our system with ID IMAGINGNET-2254. Our product team will further look into it and provide feedback. We will update you with the feedback in this thread once available.

Furthermore when we try to open the sample PSD file using Adobe Photoshop, it is showing warning messages. This information has also been shared with the product team.

Thanks for your input Ikram.

While waiting for your response we are trying to take different approach to get desired results. Since this task is of crucial importance to us, we found the 3-rd party lib (Magick.net) which we wanted to use to convert from PSD to PNG/JPG until you fix the earlier defined issue. Here is the NuGet link for this lib.

https://www.nuget.org/packages/Magick.NET-Q16-x86/

To describe the process, we used Magick.net library on original PSD file to convert it to PNG/JPG and it worked as expected. But, when we used your lib to initially update layers and to save it to PSD file and then to convert it to PNG/JPG all fonts and effects were lost again.

Please find attached code snipet and link to related images to this post.

Also, could you please let us know if there are any limitations when using Aspose to convert from PSD to PNG/JPG when it comes to reading/writing effects, fonts, etc. Are the effects such as bevel & emboss, stroke, inner and drop shadow, etc. supported by Aspose.Imaging.

Thank you for all your help.
Hi,

Thank you for writing us back.

We have forwarded the information to our product team that you had shared and asked for their feedback. We will update you with the feedback once available in this thread.

Hello Ikram,

I just wanted to check with you if there are any news in regard to my previous inquiries.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for writing us back.

We have asked our product team for an update on this issue. We will share the updates with you in this thread as soon as any update is available.
Hi,

This is to update you that our product team has investigated the issue in detail. Current implementation of the Aspose.Imaging does not support layer effects (e.g. Bluring, Shadowing, Embossing, Shaping, Texture, effects combinations etc). Support for these features needs deep and thorough investigation and long time span to implement. The support for layer effects will not be made available in the near future.

We will update you in this forum thread, once the feature is available. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.