We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Efficient Meta Data collection

Hi,

We are processing emails from POP3 server and keeping meta data about it. However, we would like to minimize this meta data storage at our end. What we want to know is that what minimum possible information should we store so as to be able to retrieve email information later from the server? Do you think storing Pop3MessageInfo information will be a good choice to reduce data storage at our end? We have no limitations on bandwidth though.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your inquiry.

It is sufficient to store Pop3MessageInfo.UniqueId at your end, since it uniquely identifies a message on the server and can be used later to fetch a message again using Pop3Client.FetchMesssage. Please let us know if you have any further query in this regard.

Hi Maria,

You are right, but in that case I won’t have anything else other than a Unique Id in, for example, in my database which would be meaningless for me. The concept of a meta data storage is for the purpose that you don’t store the actual data but data about data that is self explanatory. In that case, storing only Unique Id won’t be of much help.

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback.

In such case, I agree with you that Pop3MessageInfo would be a good choice to store at your end, since it contains all the useful details about a message including unique identifier, headers and size of the message.

Please feel free to write back to us in case of any further query in this regard.