Email Attachments limit of 3 attachments

Hi,

I am having trouble reading the attachments from an Outlook email message (.msg). I create a MapiMessageReader from a stream and reading the attachments, the first 3 are correct, but all the rest of the attachments are only 146 bytes big and incorrect. Is there something I’m doing wrong? Is there a property I can set to change this?

Many thanks.

Hi Marc,

Thank you for using Aspose.Email.

If you are trying to extract attachments from a MSG file without applying a license, only the first 3 attachments shall be extracted and the rest won’t be extracted properly. This is an evaluation limitation. However, you can get a 30-day temporary license and test all the features of the API without any evaluation limitations. In order to request your temporary license, please visit the licensing page.

Once you get a temporary license, you can use the following code to extract attachments from the MSG file.

MapiMessage mapi = MapiMessage.FromFile("Attachments.msg");

foreach (MapiAttachment att in mapi.Attachments)
{
    att.Save(att.LongFileName);
}

Hi Kashif,

Thank you for your reply. We do have a full license, so I will just make sure it is set up correctly.

Kind regards,
Marc

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the feedback.

Sure. Just make sure that license initialization should be done before referencing the Aspose.Email API. Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional query/inquiry. We’ll be glad to assist you further.

I would also recommend you to use the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET 2.8.0 in your applications.