Email information jumbled when extracting MSG from MSG (msg attached to MSG) - Bug

I have an email (.msg) with a calendar item (appointment) attached to it.

When we use aspose to extract the MSG (calender) item from the parent MSG (email) some of the metadata fields (IsRecurrence, OutlookInternalVersion, Location, etc.) are jumbled and contain information from other fields.

We are using the following to extract out the attachments:

if (attachment.ObjectData.IsOutlookMessage)
{
MapiMessage msg = MapiMessage.FromStream((new MemoryStream(attachment.ObjectData.Data));
msg.Save(@“c:\extracted_msg.msg”);
}

Attached are 3 files (in a zip)…the original email (without attachment), attachment as standalone, and combo.msg which is what is being run and having the attachment have corrupted metadata. We are using Outlook Spy to verify this.

This is obviously a huge bug - please give some information on when we can expect a fix for this.

Thanks a lot,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks for posting the sample files. I could also reproduce the issue at my end. Some of the metadata information gets missed when saved to disk.

I have added this issue in our system (ID: 18919). We will inform you as soon as it gets fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please note that the metadata information is not only missing, it’s jumbled around to other values.

Any update on this?

Hi,

I am sorry, this issue has not been resolved yet. We will inform you as soon as it gets fixed. Thanks for your patience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 18919) have been fixed in [this update ](http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.network-for-.net/entry256187.aspx).

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.