Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Email Verify returns email valid for invalid emails

I’m trying to validate email addresses and I want them checked against our default local mail server. I cobbled together the following from your extremely sparse documentation on email validation, changing the validation policy to MailServer:

Aspose.Network.Verify.EmailValidator ev = new Aspose.Network.Verify.EmailValidator();
ValidationResult result;

try
{
ev.Validate(txtEmailAdr.Text, ValidationPolicy.MailServer, out result);
if (result.ReturnCode == ValidationResponseCode.ValidationSuccess)
{
lblResult.Text = “The email address is valid.”;
}
else
{
lblResult.Text = "The mail address is invalid,return code is : " + result.ReturnCode + “.”;
}
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
lblResult.Text += “
” + ex.Message;
}

I get back a Valid response as long as the format is valid, even for addresses that don’t exist on our mail server. Does the email validator actually have the capability to determine if an email address exists and can be sent to, or does it just check syntax and domain existence?

Hi,

Thank you for inquiry.

It also verifies the user accounts on mail servers. Could you please tell us which mail server you are using, hosted, Exchange etc?

I didn’t configure a specific server in my code, I wanted the code to use the default server for our domains which I assume it would obtain from the MX records. Assuming Aspose.Network is reading the mail server from the MX records it would be connecting to an in-house Exchange server.

Hi,

Thanks for the information, we will further look into it and will inform you when it gets fixed.

Hi,

In some Exchange/mail servers, if settings of recipient filter is configured to always returns “Recipient OK” even for nonexistent recipients, then our email validator will also return true.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 30306 ) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.