Embed pdf or ppt into a word document

Is it possible to embed a ppt or pdf into a word document using Aspose.Total?

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am a representative of Aspose.Words product team.

If I understand you correctly, you mean OLE objects. Inserting new OLE objects into a Word Document and updating existing OLE objects is not supported at the moment. Inserting an OLE object usually requires the host application and probably cannot be done by Aspose.Words.

What is supported is preserving OLE objects in documents. That is if you open a Microsoft Word document and then save it (possibly in another Microsoft Word format) then OLE objects are preserved. You can also access objects programmatically, extract their data and preview image. However, ‘creating new OLE objects’ is not supported.

I have linked your request to the appropriate new feature (WORDSNET-1206) in our issue tracking system. You will be notified as soon as this feature is supported.

If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Hi Derek,

Thanks for contacting support.

I am a representative from Aspose.Pdf team. As awais has stated earlier, currently you can place PPT or PDF file using OLE object in Word document however as a workaround, you may consider converting the pages of PDF document into Image format using Aspose.Pdf for .NET and then place these images inside the word document. For more information, please visit Convert all PDF pages to JPEG Images

Similarly, you can convert presentations slides into image format using Aspose.Slides for .NET and then place these images into word document. For further details, please visit Creating Slide Thumbnail Image

PS, Aspose.Pdf also supports the feature to convert PDF file into Word format and then you can easily embed the newly generated Word file with source/original word file. For more information, please visit Convert PDF file into DOC format

PS, You may convert PowerPoint presentation into PDF format using Aspose.Slides and then transform the PDF file into Word format using Aspose.Pdf for .NET and finally you can embed/concatenate the newly generated word document with original/source word file. Converting to PDF File

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1206) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(25)