Embedded Charts Are Not Shown Correctly when Saving Thumbnails from PowerPoint Slides

Dear Support,

we are seeing some wrong colors, missing text and wrong line sizes when extracting thumbails from a PowerPoint presentation with embedded diagrams via ISlide.GetThumbnail(). I attached the zipped source PPT file and some images showing original slide on left and thumbnail on right for comparison.

• On slide 1 parts of text “220” is missing,
  • On slides 2 and 3 the blue lines separating the gray and red/green bar parts are too short,
  • On slide 4 the negative bars are green instead of red in the original PPT.

We are using latest Aspose.Slides version 22.7.0. Is that a known issue?
Please let me know if you need any more information about the problem.

Regards,
Kevin

Test.zip (284.8 KB)
1.png (16.4 KB)
2.png (22.8 KB)
3.png (23.0 KB)
4.png (24.4 KB)

@KFucik,
Thank you for reporting the issues.

I’ve reproduced the same problems with the charts and added the following tickets to our issue tracking system:

• SLIDESNET-43401 Part of chart data label is missing when getting slide thumbnail
  • SLIDESNET-43402 Blue lines on chart are too short when getting slide thumbnail
  • SLIDESNET-43403 Negative bars are green instead of red when getting slide thumbnail

We apologize for any inconvenience. Our development team will investigate the cases. You will be notified when the issues are resolved.

It would be great if you could share the following additional information:

• OS version where the slide conversion was performed
  • .NET target platform in your app

We will then also test solutions in an environment similar to yours.

Hallo,

thank you for the fast reply.
The conversion problems occured on both Windows 10 and Windows 11 (latest updates) with .NET 6.0.7.

Regards,
Kevin

@KFucik,
Thank you for the additional information. I’ve forwarded it to our developers.