Embedded EMF Image in PPTX File Is Not Detected

Hi Team,

We are using Aspose.Slides 21.1.0 and Aspose.Imaging 21.2.0 for .NET when trying to process an embedded EMF file in a pptx file.
However it looks very much like that this embedded image file is undetected by Aspose.Slides.Presentation.Images API. e.g: Aspose.Slides.Presentation.Images.Count is zero

This happens on linux platform.
On windows platform it looks to be working i.e: the embedded file is reported in the Presentation.Images property and Aspose.Slides.Presentation.Images.Count is one.

Please find an example solution attached for reproducing the issue.

Can you investigate the issue and confirm the root cause please.

Thanks and best regards,
Zoltan

SlideShowWithEmfImage.zip (349.3 KB)

@zpopswat,
Thank you for the issue description. I reproduced the problem and received the same results. I’ve logged the issue in our tracking system with ID SLIDESNET-42537. Our development team will investigate it. You will be notified when it is fixed.

1 Like

@Andrey_Potapov: can you give me an ETA for this please? Some of our major usecases depend on this.

@zpopswat
I will clarify ETA for this issue and will inform you. Thanks for your patience.

@zpopswat
The tentative ETA is 21.12.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-42537) have been fixed in this update.

Hi Team,

I’ve tried the fix but I’m afraid I must confirm that it does not work on Linux platform.
Steps to reproduce:

1. download and unzip SlideShowWithEmfImage.zip attachment
  2. update project package dependencies
    Aspose.Slides 21.1.0 to Aspose.Slides 21.12
    Aspose.Imaging 21.2.0 to Aspose.Imaging 21.12
  3. restore
  4. build
  5. run

Details:
dotnet core: 3.1.416

The console says

embeddedImages.Count <= 0 exiting

but it should say

embeddedImages.Count = 1

Please can you confirm what has actually been fixed regarding this issue?

Thanks,
Zoltan

@zpopswat,
Unfortunately, you are right. Thank you for reporting the issue. I’ve reproduced the problem with the image counting in the presentation and added a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-43041 in our issue tracking system. We apologize for any inconvenience. Our development team will continue to investigate this case. You will be notified when the issue is resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-43041) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 22.5 (ZIP, MSI).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.