We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Embedded file compression

Is there anyway to disable file compression when adding an embedded file?

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for contacting support.

I am afraid the above stated requirement is currently not supported. However for the sake of implementation, I
have logged it as PDFNEWNET-36319 in our issue tracking
system under New Features list. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you
updated on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little
time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

<o:p></o:p>

Any updates on that issue?

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for your patience.<o:p></o:p>

The development has further investigated the requirement but in order for us to implement the feature in appropriate manner, can you please please share some details regarding your requirement. i.e. your example for adding text files etc. Also please share the resource files so that we can further look into this matter. We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

using (Document test = new Document())
{
test.EmbeddedFiles.Add(new FileSpecification(someFileStream, FILE_NAME, FILE_DESCRIPTION));
test.Save(output);
}

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the code snippet. Do you experience file compression while adding them as an embedded resource ? Please share some details so we may understand appropriately.

Besides this, I have used the above stated code to embed a file to PDF document and when trying to open/view the embedded file, its not being displayed. There seems to be an issue while embedding the file. For
the sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-37062. We will
investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a
correction.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks.

I’ve complained about that issue more then a half a year ago. I just need a way to disable the compression of the embedded file.

We embedded a pdf inside a wrapper pdf, and we require the file size to be at least the size as the embedded pdf.

Embedded the pdf as a resource will require us to change our format of the file, which is a bit problematic, since it is already being used in production.
vadimkuras:
I just need a way to disable the compression of the embedded file.

We embedded a pdf inside a wrapper pdf, and we require the file size to be at least the size as the embedded pdf.

Embedded the pdf as a resource will require us to change our format of the file, which is a bit problematic, since it is already being used in production.
Hi,

Thanks for sharing the details. The information has been associated with earlier requested feature logged as PDFNEWNET-36319 and the development team will further look into this requirement and we will keep you posted on the status of implementation.

Please note that as a normal rule of practice, issues/feature requests are catered in first come and first serve basis; but the problems logged/reported under Enterprise or Priority support model, have high precedence in terms of resolution, as compare to issues under normal/free support model.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-37062) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.5.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

What about PDFNEWNET-36319?

vadimkuras:
What about PDFNEWNET-36319?
Hi Vadim,

Thanks for your patience.

The development team has been busy resolving other priority issues and I am afraid the above stated problem is not yet resolved. Nevertheless, as soon as we have some updates regarding its resolution, I would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for your patience.

We are pleased to share that the feature requested earlier as PDFNEWNET-36319 is implemented and its fix will be included in next release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.8.0 which is planned to release in November-2014. Please note that in order to accomplish the requirement, an Encoding property is added to FileSpecification class. This property determines which encoding will be used for file compressing. This property may have value of FileSpecification.FileEncoding enumarator.

The possible values are FileEncoding.None and FileEncoding.Zip and
If Encoding is set to FileEncoding.None then attachment is not compressed.

By default Encoding have FileEncoding.Zip value.

[C#]

Document pdfDocument = new Document(“input.pdf”);<o:p></o:p>

//setup new file to be added as attachment

FileSpecification fileSpecification = new FileSpecification("test.txt", "Sample text file");

//Specify Encoding proparty setting it to FileEncoding.None

fileSpecification.Encoding = FileSpecification.FileEncoding.None;

//add attachment to document's attachment collection

pdfDocument.EmbeddedFiles.Add(fileSpecification);

//save new output

pdfDocument.Save(“output.pdf”);

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-36319) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.8.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.