Embedded file

Dear Support Engineer.Currently we are evaluating Aspose Cell for DOT NET package. VER= 4.9.0.0 We identified problem when attaching an embedded file to the excel worksheet. The problem is that the file icon is not the same as in windows (i.e. when we embed a word document we want the icon to be word.ico) Second problem that we have is that we don't know how to give the embedded file a location as desired. Please advice.
This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for considering Aspose.

ZN@NetformX:
We identified problem when attaching an embedded file to the excel worksheet. The problem is that the file icon is not the same as in windows (i.e. when we embed a word document we want the icon to be word.ico).

We have found your mentioned issue regarding displaying Icon of Ole Object after an initial test. We will look into it and get back to you soon. You issue has been registered in our internal issue tracking system with issue id: CELLSNET-16756.

ZN@NetformX:
Second problem that we have is that we don't know how to give the embedded file a location as desired. Please advice.

You can specify the location of the ole object while adding it by specifying the upper left row and upper left column. Please see the following method details:

public int Add(
int upperLeftRow,
int upperLeftColumn,
int height,
int width,
byte[] imageData
);

Parameters

upperLeftRow

Upper left row index.

upperLeftColumn

Upper left column index.

height

Height of oleObject, in unit of pixel.

width

Width of oleObject, in unit of pixel.

imageData

Image of ole object as byte array.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

To further update you, I am afraid, we cannot support the automatic generation of the ole object icon when DisplayAsIcon is true. Please create an image according to the attached project, and then use the generated image data as the ole object’s image data.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Thank you for the fast reply.

I'll try implementing this solution.

Best Regards

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />