Embedded Fonts support in 8.5.0

Hi Team,

I use Aspose.slides to convert slides in ppts to images.
I am using embedded fonts in my ppt and when converting
some of the text gets bigger and thereby the content overlaps
with the other text in the slide.

I was wondering if embedded fonts are supported by Aspose.slides?
Version I am using: 8.5.0

In case this version doesn’t support embedded fonts, could you
point me to the version which supports embedded fonts?

Regards,
Praneeth

Hi Praneeth,

Thanks for contacting us back. I have observed that you are using Aspose.Slides for Java 8.5.0 on your end. This product version is very old and belong to legacy product of Aspose.Slides for Java that is no longer supported. I suggest you to please first try using Aspose.Slides for Java 16.5.0 on your end. If you still find issue, please feel free to share the issue with us along source presentation, sample code and generated output. We will investigate that further on our end to help you out.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Let me check with the version you recommended to solve the problem.
Meanwhile, I was wondering if embedded font is actually supported
in any of the Aspose.slides versions. Could you please check that once on your side?
Any information in that direction would be of help to me.

Regards,
Praneeth

Hi Mudassir,

I checked with the recommended Slides 16.5.0 version.
The issue with image conversion still exists with the above.
Here is the information that could be of use in nailing down the problem.
1. The presentation is in pptx format.
2. I am using the embedded fonts in the presentation.
3. I use the getThumbnail() method in the Slide class.
4. The font I use in embedded fonts is not installed in the windows fonts
directory. Is it mandatory even for embedded fonts to be installed in the
fonts directory for the slide-image conversion to work well?
5. I am on windows 7.

Regards,
Praneeth

Hi Praneeth,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I have discussed with our product team in this regard. Theoretically, Aspose.Slides does support rendering embedded fonts text properly even if embedded font is not installed on machine. I request you to please provide the source presentation, generated output, used sample code and platform information on your end. We will investigate the issue further on our end to help you out.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks for the information.
Could you also find out from the product team if embedded fonts (converting from slides to images) are also supported in 8.5.0?

Regards,
Praneeth

Hi Praneeth,

I have observed your comments and like to share that your are getting improper output when using presentation with embedded fonts using Aspose.Slides for Java 8.5.0. The said version is no longer supported and is discarded. We suggest you to please try using Aspose.Slides for Java 16.6.0 on your end. If still you find an issue then please provide the source presentation, generated thumbnails and used sample code with us. We will investigate that further to help you out.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

We tried converting the presentation using Aspose 16.5.0 version.

Platform information:
1. Windows 7, 64 bit.
2. Java 1.7,
3. Aspose 16.5.0
I was unable to upload the presentation file . You may access the following link for the pptx ,the program and the images obtained.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b0utqjkkhkqp5a8/AADDmp2tMKKMITD7jyqbQLXWa?dl=0

Issue:
1. The text gets overlapped in the images. The issue is evident from
the fourth slide.
2. Moreover, the text becomes a bit bold in the image.
So eventually, after converting the ppt to images, some of the text
is unreadable due to the text overlap.
PS: I didn't share the license file. You might want to add yours in the defined location.

Thanks,
Praneeth

Hi Praneeth,

Thank you for sharing the information. Can you please share the generated output as well with us that you have obtained on your end. Please also try using Aspose.Slides for Java 16.6.0 on your end as this latest version available to date.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

I have the generated output( in our case the images) in the dropbox URL that I have shared earlier.
Herewith is a link of one image

The presentation has 4 slides and the corresponding images are available in the below url together with the presentation and the program.

Let me know if the images are not accessible

Hi Praneeth,

Thank you for sharing the requested information. I have extracted the shared information and unfortunately have observed that there is nothing in java file. Can you please check on your end and share the file again.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

We shared the file again. Seems to be an upload issue.
The source file should be accessible now.

Thanks,
Praneeth

Hi Praneeth,

I have observed your comments and we need to investigate that on our end. For that a ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-35589 has been added in our issue tracking system. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified automatically as soon as the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Praneeth,

Our product team has investigated the issue on their end and have not been able to find Fujitsu sans font embedded inside presentation. Can you please try loading Fujitsu sans using FontsLoader externally and then try on your end. I hope the results will be fine.

Best Regards.

Hi,

It seems the font information is parsed well by Aspose. I tried printing the fonts available in the presentation file and it printed the below list:

font=Arial
font=MS Pゴシック
font=FUJI-新ゴ M
font=Meiryo UI
font=Fujitsu Sans
font=FUJI-新ゴ R
font=Calibri
font=Fujitsu Sans Light
font=Arial Unicode MS
font=HGP創英角ゴシックUB

The code snippet I used to print the font information is here:
FontsManager fontsManager = (FontsManager) pres.getFontsManager();
IFontData[] fonts = fontsManager.getFonts();
for(IFontData font: fonts){
System.out.println(“font=”+font.getFontName());
}

Aspose is able to get the fonts embedded in the PPT is fine. However, the font information doesn’t seem to be utilized when converting the slides to images. Is that the right understanding? You may try printing the font information on your end too once.

I got your idea of using FontsLoader as a workaround. I am not sure how far it will be useful as it needs the font to be extracted first and then stored in a file. The problem is more evident when we have to do this for many fonts and presentations.

Thanks,
Praneeth

Hi Praneeth,

Thank you for sharing further feedback with us. I have shared the information with our product team for further analysis on their end. I request for your patience till further feedback is shared by our product team.

Many Thanks,

Hi Team,

Is there any update on this ticket?
Could you quickly confirm if embedded fonts are used when converting slides to images?
If the support is not currently available if you could give an ETA of when the issue could be fixed ,it would be of help to us.

Thanks,
Praneeth.

Hi Praneeth,

I have observed your comments. Our product team has investigated issue on their end. I like to share that Fujitsu Sans font is used in this Presentation but not embedded in it.

Open presentation with archivator (zip/rar) and go to ppt\fonts. Here you can find 6 fntdata files (embedded fonts). These files contains information about:

Arial Unicode MS
MeiryoUI
HGPSoeiKakugothicUB
MeiryoUI-BoldItalic
MeiryoUI-Italic
MeiryoUI-Bold

Aspose.Slides uses font substitution because can’t find Fujitsu Sans font. In this case Fujitsu Sans font was substituted by HGPSoeiKakugothicUB font.You can install Fujitsu Sans font in Windows (all versions of font like Light, Bold and etc.) and don’t use FontsLoader.

Best Regards,
Hi Adnan,

Good Morning and thanks for the quick update.
I would like to get clarification on this part: "Fujitsu Sans font is used in this Presentation but not embedded in it."

The way we have embedded fonts in the presentation is by choosing the Embed Fonts in the file option. The screenshot of the same is uploaded for reference. https://www.dropbox.com/s/pz1dqa18co0kyxj/embed-screenshot.jpg?dl=0
Also, please let us know if this is the way of embedding the fonts or do you suggest any alternative to it that we may give a try on?

Thanks,
Praneeth

Hi Praneeth,

I have observed your comments. We have shared information to our product team and i request your patience till further feedback shared by product team.

Best Regards,