Embedded fonts with transparent background

Embedded font.png (34.3 KB)
Embedded font2.png (144.2 KB)

Hello,

I am converting a Word document to HTML and I get the attached output (shown in the first screenshot). Upon HTML inspection, each letter is embedded as an image with a chess background (which usually represents a transparent layer).

Most of the documents convert well, but in this case the conversion generated a bad html output. What can we do to avoid this outcome? Are there any flags or options we need to use in the conversion?

@priviallc

Thanks for your inquiry. To ensure a timely and accurate response, please attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input Word document.
  • Please attach the output HTML file that shows the undesired behavior.
  • Please attach the expected output HTML file that shows the desired behavior.
  • Please create a standalone console application ( source code without compilation errors ) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip and upload them.

XYZ Company Prop_US VA_Date_FINAL.zip (386.4 KB)

Hi Tahir,

Thank you for your answer. I have attached 2 files: A .NET converter code and a word document input. Please unzip both in your local folder, and run the converter (TestConverter.exe). Set up the input and output folder, place the word document in the input folder, select the Docx Files radio button and click Run.

The tool takes the work doc, and using Aspose Words converts it to HTML (one HTML per page) Open the second output file containing the Table of Content and observe the output.

The test program did not upload, trying again…

The file is too large, we’ll create a smaller test program. In the meantime here is the HTML output
XYZ Company Prop_US VA_Date_FINAL_2.zip (686.6 KB)

@priviallc

You have not shared the code example to reproduce this issue at our end. Please share the simplified code example without compilation errors here for testing.

Program.zip (991 Bytes)
Here is the source code for a console app.

DocConverterAspose.zip (391.2 KB)
Here is the full console app code (without a folder called packages containing Aspose.Words.19.3.0 which is too large for this forum)

Just run the console app and observe the html output.

@priviallc

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-18276. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thank you. Do you have a tentative ETA for a resolution? Are we talking days, weeks, or months?

@priviallc

We try our best to deal with every customer request in a timely fashion, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a delivery date to every customer issue. We work on issues on a first come, first served basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers.

Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once we complete the analysis of your issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

You reported this issue in free support forum and it will be treated with normal priority. To speed up the progress of issue’s resolution, we suggest you please check our paid support policies from following link.
Paid Support Policies

Do you have any update for WORDSNET-18276?

@priviallc

Currently, your issue is under analysis phase. We will inform you via this forum thread once there is an update available on this issue.

Thank you. Do you know how much longer will the issue stay in this parking lot?

@priviallc

Unfortunately, we cannot share the ETA of this issue at the moment. As soon as the analysis of this issue is completed, we will be then in better position to share the ETA. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

I understand, but when are you going to start the analysis?

@priviallc

We have started the analysis of your issue. We will inform you via this forum thread once there is further update available on it.

Thank you. Please keep me updated.

Any updates? 2 weeks passed from our prior exchange.

@priviallc,

Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. We are currently doing analysis of this issue to determine the root cause. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved or any estimates are available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thank you, please keep me posted.