Embedded gif file is lost on eml to msg convert

Hi all,

we are using Aspose.Network.dll V4.7.1.0 (Fix 179958) .Net 3.5 to load an eml message with embedded gif file in the body.
After that we would like to save the email to .msg format which works fine.
But the msg file looses the embedded gif graphic.

The sample .eml file is attached.

We use the following code snippet to load the the file from eml and save it to msg.

Dim eml As Aspose.Network.Mail.MailMessage = Aspose.Network.Mail.MailMessage.Load("TestEML2MSG.eml")
Dim msg As MapiMessage = MapiMessage.FromMailMessage(eml)msg.Save("TestEML2MSG.msg")

Thanks in advance!
Kind regards
Stefan Veith

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

The sample eml file that you attached contains 2 attachments of the same name. I did the test with the hotfix v 4.7.1.1, one of the two images was transferred in the conversion process. Please use the below code for the conversion and download again the dll from http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/file-format-components/aspose.network-for-.net/entry179958.aspx for the hotfix v4.7.1.1.

Dim eml As MailMessage = MailMessage.Load(“test.eml”)

eml.Save(strMsgFile, MessageFormat.Msg)

Its a known issue that while converting from eml to msg, the attachments appear as embedded images in msg body.

Hi Saqib,

I am only able to find the hotfix V 4.7.1.0 but not the fix you metiones with version number V4.7.1.1.

We did the test once more with hotfix V4.7.1.0 with another test email and your code snippet.
The test email contains one attached bitmap and one embedded gif file inside the text body.
The embedded gif file is lost, but the attached bitmap is also available after saving the mail to .msg format.

Our test environment is:
Windows XP SP3 German
MS Visual Studio 2005
NET Framework 2.0 SP2
Aspose.Network.dll 4.7.1.0 from 17.05.2009

Do you have another idea how to fix this?

Best Regards
Stefan Veith

Hi Stefan,

Could you please also send me the other test eml file. I will check it. Sorry about the version, the latest one is 4.7.1.0.

Yes of course,

here are the messag as .eml and as converted .msg file in the zip file.

Kind regards
Stefan Veith

Hi Stefan,

We have located the problem. We will look into it and get back to you soon.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan