Embedded Graphic Showing As Red X When Document Saved As PDF

We are using Aspose.Words.NET latest version to open a Word document, fill in some text and then save to a new document. We also take the stream and save in PDF format. The PDF stream is then sent to the browser to Open or Save.
Some of the documents have embeded graphics. Our application is ASP.NET 3.5 running on IIS7. The PDF document correctly renders in development and also on 2 of our web farms. On our production web farm (running same version of our application), the embedded graphics are not rendered and show only a red X replacement graphic.
Are there dependencies for the Words component that could be impacting this? This is an URGENT issue as we have customers needing to distribute these PDFs ASAP.
Thanks much
Eric Margheim

Hi Eric,
Thanks for your request. Could you please attach your input document and output PDF here for testing? We will check the issue and provide you more information.
Best regards,

Sure. How do I attach a document?

Hi
Thanks for your request. Attach them in the forum. To attach files you should use “Reply” button at the top of post instead of “Quick Reply”. When you click “Reply” at the bottom of page there will be a button that will allow attach documents.
Best regards,

Files attached.

I replaced the graphic in the document with a bmp version and now it works. I’d still like to know why it doesn’t with the other version in case we run into this in the future.

Hi
Thank you for additional information. Actually, the image in your document is not embedded. The image is linked. Here is where it is actually located:
http://www.salisburyfestival.co.uk/cms/site/images/south-african-airways_logo.jpg
Most probably, your application simply does not have right to open it and that is why Aspose.Words renders it as red cross in PDF.
Best regards,

Ah. Yes that would make sense. Those servers do not have external internet access. Thanks