Embedded Video in ppt not found

Hi,

I have to read and store ppt (97) presentations.
Some of them contain videos in videoframe shapes - those I can handle.
But I also get presentations with videos NOT in a videoframe (not in any shape detected by aspose).
Please advise as how to detect and connect those videos.

Oliver Hoch

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Adding Video Frame to Slide - Aspose.Slides for Java

Hi Oliver,

I have observed the issue shared by you. But in order to further investigate and look at the possible shape I need the source presentation on my end. Please share that so that I may help you out further.

Thanks and Regards,

Mudassir,

thank you for that very quick reply.
I looked further into the presentation and found Links:

found com.aspose.slides.Link@28807653 in AutoShape 18 !!!
shape type: com.aspose.slides.AutoShape
actionType: 4
begin: 0
end: 0
jumpType: 0
externalHyperlink: null
internalHyperlink: -1
so it looks like the videos where in the presentation as Links of type
HYPER_LINK_ACTION

(they point to something like \whats.that\somewhere\xy.wmv)
I do not have permission yet to upload the presentation, which contains sensitive data.
Because of problems with slides 2.6.0 and ppt97 we are using 2.5.0 at the moment.

Can you give me a hint as how to detect the address, the link is pointing to?

Thanks a lot

Oliver

I just got a reduced version of one of the presentation I am allowed to upload:

I hope you can help me with that.

Thanks

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

I have investigated the issue shared by you. I am able to access the shapes but the links associated with the shapes returned null. An issue with ID 29267 has been added in our issue tracking system to further investigate the issue of hyperlinks returning null. I have verified the presentation using Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.3.0 and it returns valid hyperlinks. We will share the further information with you once the issue is resolved.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

thank you for your answer.
Do you see some kind of work-around for us?
Would replacing network drive addresses in the hyperlink values by something like c:\blablabla\xy.wmv be a temporary solution?

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

I regret to share that there is no work around available for this unfortunately. A slightly weiered would be that when you add the hyerplink in PowerPoint for any shape then also add that in "Alternative Text" property of the shape. When you access that shape you may retrieve that from "Alternative Text" property of the shape. Replacing of network drive address is in fact not the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Hello again,

some time has gone around since I first posted my problem.
Is there a solid working solution available by now?
best regards
Oliver

Hi Oliver,

I am sorry for your inconvenience.

I would suggest you to please try using Aspose.Slides for Java 7.5.0 on your end. If there is still an issue then please share the sample presentation and code snippet used with us along with generated output. We will try our best to facilitate your issue.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

I have the same issue and tried with Aspose.Slides fpr Java 7.5.0 to embeddet videos with a relative path in ppt präsentation but it don’t works only with a absolute path like the example

Have you any clue that can i do to bind videos in ppt via relative path? Any tip would be appreciate,

many thanks best regards

Sabina Hofmann

This is my Example:

com.aspose.slides.Presentation pres = new com.aspose.slides.Presentation(“test/planer.ppt”);

com.aspose.slides.Slide slide = pres.getSlideByPosition(1);

slide.getShapes().addVideoFrame(1900, 1100, 2000, 2000, “/test/video/rond.mpg”);

pres.write(“test/modified.ppt”);

Hi Sabina,

I have observed the requirements shared by you and tested it with Aspose.Slides for Java 7.5.1. It works perfectly fine for relative path video link. I have generated the attached presentation with a relative video path. You need to create a folder Slides along side the attached presentation file in your machine. The add a video with name Wildlife.wmv in that. Then open the presentation and you will find relative path linked ole working. If you want to embed the video inside presentation, I like to add that this feature has been included for PPTX in PowerPoint 2010. Please visit this documentation link for embedded videos. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-29267) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.