Embedded youtube videos in Word docs

Just curious - is there any plan to support Word docs that have embedded youtube videos? When I convert such a document to HTML I see an image that “looks” like a video, but it’s just an image.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the same behavior as MS Word does. If you convert your document to HTML using MS Word, you will get the same output.

Could you please attach your input Word document along with expected output HTML here for our reference? We will then provide you more information on this.

Attached is source word doc with embedded youtube video, along with outputs from both Aspose and Word conversion to HTML.

Note Aspose generates an image file. If you open the Word-generated HTML file in IE you will see the video and the controls will work. (Only works in IE, nothing shows for the video in FF).

Word 2007 was used to generate the HTML file.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please share which IE version you are using to view the output HTML? Please check the attached images. There is no output as my end in Internet Explorer.

Hi, I know it’s a long absence, but I’m being asked about this again.

So I tried converting the attached document again with a reasonably up-to-date version of Aspose library (aspose.slides-16.7.0.jar). When I view with Firefox or IE11, in place of an embedded youtube video, I just see a static image that looks like a video widget, but doesn’t do anything. See attached.

Is this supported? If so, is there some feature I need to turn on?

I’ve attached the Word doc again.

Thanks, and again sorry for the delay.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the same behavior as MS Word does. If you convert your document to HTML using MS Word, you will get the same output. Moreover, MS Word detects the embedded object as "Unknown". See the attached image for detail.