Embedding a table inside a word template

Hi Muhammad,

Any news about this? We are pretty stuck in the middle of the development due to this issue.

Have a nice day,

Yishay

Hi Yishay,

1. You have used style attribute in table tag to set table styles which is not supported. You can use inline CSS to set styles as I have done in the XML/HTML attached to my previous posts.

2. There looks to be some issue with the image. I was not able to see the image in browser also. Can you please share an HTML file which displays this image in browser?

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

1. That might be an issue due to the fact we are not creating the HTML we receive it from a WYSIWYG editor.

2. Attached.

Thanks,

Yishay

Hi Yishay,

Thanks for the updated HTML. I can see duplicate src elements in img tag. After removing duplicate element, I was able to see the image at my end. Can you please try that at your end?

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

sorry, but I copied the HTML from the WYWISYG Editor.

Attached is the HTML as we send it to Aspose.

Thanks,

Yishay

Hi Yishay,

Thanks for the updated HTML. We are working over your query and will update you asap.

Hi Yishay,

Thanks for your patience. When HTML is passed in XML format while performing mail merge, there is no issue in output e.g table and image. However, when HTML is passed in JSON format, the output is incorrect. This issue has been fixed and will be available in 1.19 -September 2015 release. We will inform you via this forum thread once this release is published.

Hi,

We are using the XML.

Attached are the XML sent and the rendered word (I cleaned it from irreverent information).

1. The table styling is lost.

2. The gif is not rendered.

Thanks,

Yishay

Hi Yishay,

Thanks for your inquiry. It seems that the contents of image are incorrect in example.txt. I have tested the scenario with attached in.xml and have not found the shared issue. I have attached the output document with this post for your kind reference.

Hi Tahir,

You are killing us…

You posted an example where the HTML was escaped and the holding XML element had a format=“html” attribute.

Now you posted an example where the HTML wasn’t escaped and there was no attribute.

We tried that and all we got on the receiving side was the following output:

null.

Attached are the output and input

Please assist us,

Yishay

Hi Yishay,

You have attached the HTML you are sending in request body with this post https://forum.aspose.com/t/43025 and this HTML is not escaping ‘<’ and ‘>’ characters.

If we replace ‘<’ with ‘<’ and ‘>’ with ‘>’ and then send in the request body there is no issue. I have used a sample template with only one field (named as data) and passed this HTML in the XML request body (complete XML is attached). I get attached Output.doc after calling executeTemplate API. Output looks fine to me in this case.

You posted an example where the HTML was escaped and the holding XML element had a format=“html” attribute.

Now you posted an example where the HTML wasn’t escaped and there was no attribute.

I was not able to find any example where we have shared HTML without format=“html” attribute and where HTML is not escaped. Can you please point us to that example?

Hallelujah!

Many thanks Muhammad, your last comment made me understand our mistake, and now it seems to work (we have a new issue that the HTML information is shown LTR although it is RTL - I’ll appreciate your skillful help on that).

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to quarrel with you, we just had some communication issues, we do appreciate your help on the issue.

Here is the link you asked:

Embedding a table inside a word template

Have a nice day,

Yishay

Hi Yishay,

I do not see any RTL issue with the existing HTML you shared earlier. Please share a screenshot if you see this issue with previously shared HTML.

If you are talking about a different HTML with RTL text or data, please share that HTML for further investigation. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

Attached are the input and output.

I changed the template and now the HTML relevant is in task_full_description.

Many thanks,

Yishay

Hi Yishay,

Yes, I was able to notice this issue and it will be fixed at our end. Can you please share HTML only (without XML tags) and the expected output document to let us test once the issue is fixed?

Best Regards,

Thanks for being patient. We have good news for you i.e. SAASWORDS-246 have now been resolved. You may now please re-test your scenario with Aspose.Words for Cloud. Hope, this helps.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.