EMF from Clipboard clipped?

I am creating an emf file from data copied to the clipboard by a 3rd party app. When I save it as an emf file and view it in Power Point (just to confirm the content) it looks clipped along the bottom and right borders. When I ungroup it in PowerPoint, the clipped data appears to be there.

And, more importantly when I create a png from the emf, it is also clipped. The png is my objective.

I’ve attached a pdf to illustrate. Page 1 has the emf as inserted as Picture, beside a screen shot I’m trying to match. Page 2 has the data ungrouped. Page 3 has the emf to png output using Aspose.

And, I’ve attached the emf file I have copied from the clipboard. I used win 32 procs to retrieve it from the clipboard.

My suspicion is there is something wrong with how the emf was created, or I’m not saving it from the clipboard correctly. Or, maybe there’s some trick to scaling it when outputting to png.

Please help, and thanks

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry and sharing sample.

This is to update you that we have looked into the issue. We have evaluated the sample file. It was found that there is no issue with the file as well as no issue with the Aspose.Imaging API. The EMF file has been created with clip region settings. That is why its behavior is in this way. Please have a look at the attached screenshot; it is the clipping area of the image.

Furthermore filters/settings of an EMF metafile can be accessed using Aspose.Imaging API. Please visit the links given below for details:

Hope the above information helps. Feel free to contact us in case of any query or comments.

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I don’t see an attachment. Maybe you forgot to attach it?

I did manage to convert it to an svg that shows the image at the correct bounds w/o doing anything special. Alas, I need it as a raster.

Do you have an example of changing the clip region on a EMF that is emf only (eg. not emf+ or emf dual)?

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for writing us back.

Please find the screenshot attached with post. For details on EMF metafile, visit the following links: