EMF Chart Is Not Displayed Correctly when Saving the Presentation as a PDF in C#

Hello,

we are using Aspose.Slides for .NET Version 20.1.

We are adding Charts in different representations as EMF-Graphics to the presentation.
When saving the presentation as .pptx the graphics are displayed correctly.

When saving the presentation as .pdf the graphics are not displayed correctly.
They are missing the labels and some of the lines are drawn outside the Chart area.

When opening the .pptx with Aspose.Slides and saving to PDF the same incorrect output occurs.

Code:
var pdfOptions = new PdfOptions() {SaveMetafilesAsPng = false};
var presentation = new Presentation(„Source.pptx“);
presentation.Save(„Output.pdf“, SaveFormat.Pdf, pdfOptions);

The Zipfile contains:

• Source.pptx (Powerpoint with two EMF-Images displayed correctly)
  • Output.pdf (Pdf Output with the Images not displayed correctly)

Could you please investigate this?
Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,
Marc
Files.zip (66.2 KB)

1 Like

@mabaex,

I have worked with sample shared by you and have been able to observe the issue. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-41741 has been created to resolve this. This thread has been linked with issue so that you may be notified once issue will be fixed.

1 Like

Hello @mudassir.fayyaz,

are there any news about when this issue will be fixed?

Thanks!

Kind regards
Marc

@mabaex,

The issue is likely going to be fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 20.7. We request for your patience and will share good news with you as soon as it I’ll be fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-41741) have been fixed in this update.

Hello @mudassir.fayyaz,

we have another problem when exporting an EMF-image to PDF.

The image contains text for the Y-axis label which is to long to be displayed completely and therefore is
clipped and shown with ‘…’.
When opening the .pptx with Aspose.Slides and saving to PDF the full text is shown, overlapping other elements.

Code:
var presentation = new Presentation(„Source.pptx“);
presentation.Save(„Target.pdf“, SaveFormat.Pdf, pdfOptions);

The Zipfile contains:

• tmpC19E.emf (Original EMF-Image)
  • Source.pptx (Powerpoint with inserted EMF-Image, axis label text displayed correctly)
  • Target.pdf (Pdf Output with unclipped axis label)

Used Aspose.Slides for .NET version: 20.8
Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Marc
Sample.zip (57.8 KB)

@mabaex

I can observe the issue related to improper text rendering in exported PDF and a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-42118 has been created to further investigate and resolve the issue. We will share the feedback with you as soon as the issue will be fixed.

1 Like

Hello @mudassir.fayyaz,

when opening the .pptx containing an EMF-Image with Aspose.Slides and saving to PDF the labels of the Line-Chart and Bar-Charts are missing.

Code:
var presentation = new Presentation(„source.pptx“);
presentation.Save(„output.pdf“, SaveFormat.Pdf, pdfOptions);

The Zipfile contains:

• source.pptx (Powerpoint with an EMF-Image displayed correctly)
  • output.pdf (Pdf Output with the Image not displayed correctly)

Version: Aspose.Slides for .NET 21.8

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,
Marc

Files.zip (41.0 KB)

@mabaex,
Thank you for the issue description. I reproduced the problem with labels for the line and columns of the chart. I logged the issue with ID SLIDESNET-42763 in our tracking system. Our development team will investigate this case. You will be notified when the problem is fixed.

2 Likes

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-42763) have been fixed in this update.

Hello @Andrey_Potapov,

we encountered a new issue regarding the chart-image.

The .pptx contains an image of a chart. The text of the x-axis labels is wrapped.
When opening the .pptx with Aspose.Slides and saving to PDF the text of the x-axis labels is single line and clipped.

Code:

var presentation = new Presentation(„source.pptx“);
presentation.Save(„output.pdf“, SaveFormat.Pdf, pdfOptions);

The Zipfile contains:

• source.pptx (Powerpoint with inserted EMF-Image, x-axis label text is wrapped)
  • output.pdf (Pdf Output with x-axis labels text not wrapped and clipped)

Used Aspose.Slides for .NET version: 22.4

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Marc

files.zip (44.0 KB)

@mabaex,
Thank you for reporting the issue. I’ve reproduced the problem with x-axis labels when converting the PPTX file to PDF document and added a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-43180 to our issue tracking system. We apologize for any inconvenience. Our development team will investigate this case. You will be notified when the issue is resolved.

2 Likes

Hello @andrey.potapov

are there any news about when this issue will be fixed?

Thanks!

Kind regards
Marc

@mabaex
Could you please check the issue with the latest(v23.4) version of Aspose.Slides for .NET?
As far as I can see the issue seems to be resolved.

Hello @stanislav.miroshnichenko1

we checked with Aspose.Slides for .NET Version 23.4 (file version 23.4.0.0, file date 14th April 2023) using the input source.pptx from the post above and keep getting the same output pdf file with clipped text.

Kind regards
Marc

@mabaex
I’ve got the following result:Screenshot 2023-05-10 160919.png (29.0 KB)

source_out.pdf (33.3 KB)

Could you please share your environment details?

@stanislav.miroshnichenko1
VS 2019
.NET Framework 4.8
Windows Application
net4.0 Version of Aspose.Slides
Do you need more information?

@mabaex
Thank you for the additional information we will continue to investigate the problem.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Text Labels in EMF Images Are Missing when Converting PPTX to PDF in C#