EML file's attachment extension is getting changes & format is getting change Aspose

Hello Team,

I’ve been using Aspose.Email latest version 16.12.0.0 and got an issue that if an eml file contains attachment such as .eml it change it to msg(not just extension but also its format).

I’ve attached the eml sample too, please use the following code :

class Program
{
static void Main(string[] args)
{
MailMessage f_Objmailmessage = null;
MapiMessage f_mapimessage = null;

try
{
string f_tmpEmlPath = “C:\Different fields.eml”;
f_Objmailmessage = MailMessage.Load(f_tmpEmlPath, new EmlLoadOptions());

f_mapimessage = MapiMessage.FromMailMessage(f_Objmailmessage, MapiConversionOptions.UnicodeFormat);

}
catch (Exception ex)
{
}
}
}

After loading into mapi message it show that the attachment of eml has change to msg, that is very inappropriate.

Can you please take this issue into account and resolve this on high priority as we are already behind our schedule and i’m facing too many issue with Aspose.

Hoping this to be get done by today.

Thank You.

Regards,
Amit

Hi Amit,

THank you for posting your inquiry.

This is expected behavior of the API where the embedded EML message is converted to MSG. This was implemented as based on our user’s request. You may please analyze it and let us know your feedback regarding this requirement.

Hello Team,

Good Day.

I understand, but this is inappropriate it should not change the format whatever the format is in source it should come in the pst too after adding via Aspose.Email.

End user is always expecting whatever attachment content and type is in the source should be present in the destination part too, so i would request you to please do not change the content-type(format) of the attachment.

I know it was your user requirement, might his/her requirement would be different due to some other reason but up to my knowledge whatever is in source content and type should come as it is in the destination pst part.

Looking for positive response.

Thank You.

Regards,
Amit.

Hi Amit,

Thank you for the feedback.

We have logged your request for our product team as EMAILNET-38579. You will be notified once there is any update or fix version available in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-38579) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.