EML-to-MSG conversion and checksum

Hello Aspose-Team,

we are evaluating your EML-to-MSG-functionality in Aspose.Network at the moment. In our application we need a conversion of EML-files to MSG-files and afterwards a detection of duplicate emails (MSG-files) using checksums.
Using the evaluation copy of Aspose.Network, a successive conversion of the same EML-file into two MSG-files creates two different MSG-files (with different checksums).
I’m not sure if this is caused by the addition of the evaluation-marks (License-attachment, subject change) or by design.

Can you say, if this behaviour also occures with the full version of Aspose.Network or will two conversions of the same EML-file result in two exactly equal MSG-files (with the same checksum) then?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,
Eco

Hi Eco,

I did some tests at my end, loaded eml file and called Save() twice to save it in msg format. There was a difference is some of the bytes in the 2 msg files, thats why checksum is different. We will do some further analysis and will get back to you soon.

Hello,

any news on this issue?

Best regards,
Eco

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. We are looking into it and will get back to you soon.

Hi Eco,

We found out that “Creation time” and “Last Modification time” attributes stored in the MSG files cause the difference, if you convert the same EML file to two MSG files.

Thank you for the reply. Is there any chance that there will be a possiblity to disable this behaviour and to take the creation and last modification times from the EML-File?

Can you please give me an answer to this?

Thank you!

Hi,

We have planned to add a new property (e.g. PreserveOriginalDates). If set to true, it will save the same dates as there will be in the EML file. Then, the EML to MSG conversion would generate similar MSG, if converted twice.

We will update you when this feature will become available.

Thank you very much!

Can you say, when approximately this feature will be available (in the next few months, this year or next year)?

Hi,

We will try our best to fix this by the end of this month. I will update you once it gets resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 17792) have been fixed in [this update](http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.network-for-.net/entry256187.aspx).

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

I’ve tested the new update with the following code:

Aspose.Network.Mail.MailMessage mMessage;

mMessage = Aspose.Network.Mail.MailMessage.Load(@“D:\work\test.eml”, Aspose.Network.Mail.MessageFormat.Eml);

mMessage.PreserveOriginalDates = true;
mMessage.Save(@“D:\work\test1.msg”, Aspose.Network.Mail.MailMessageSaveType.OutlookMessageFormatUnicode);
mMessage.Save(@“D:\work\test2.msg”, Aspose.Network.Mail.MailMessageSaveType.OutlookMessageFormatUnicode);

I still get two different MSG-files. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi,

I am sorry, we currently fixed this for EML to regular MSG conversion. It will produce 2 similar files when you do the following update in the source code:

mMessage.Save(@“D:\work\test1.msg”, Aspose.Network.Mail.MailMessageSaveType.OutlookMessageFormat);
mMessage.Save(@“D:\work\test2.msg”, Aspose.Network.Mail.MailMessageSaveType.OutlookMessageFormat);

However, we will fix this issue for Unicode MSG as well. The issue ID for this is 19736. We will get back to you when it will be fixed. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Hello Support,

are there any news on this?

Thank you!

Regards,
Eco

Hi Eco,

This issue has been resolved and will be included in the coming release, which will be published hopefully at the end of this month.

Can you say, when the update be available?

Thank you,
Eco

Hi Eco,

We are finalizing the release v5.7 and it will be published hopefully any time today or tomorrow.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 19736) have been fixed in [this update](http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.network-for-.net/entry262044.aspx).

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

I’ve updated to version 6.2 and the issue occurres again. Here is my code:

Aspose.Network.Mail.MailMessage mMessage;

mMessage = Aspose.Network.Mail.MailMessage.Load(@“D:\work\test.eml”, Aspose.Network.Mail.MessageFormat.Eml);

mMessage.PreserveOriginalDates = true;
mMessage.Save(@“D:\work\test.msg”, Aspose.Network.Mail.MailMessageSaveType.OutlookMessageFormatUnicode);
mMessage.Save(@“D:\work\test2.msg”, Aspose.Network.Mail.MailMessageSaveType.OutlookMessageFormatUnicode);

Two different MSG-files are created.

Hi,

I am sorry I could not reproduce this issue with v6.2. I checked the 64-bit checksum of both converted MSG files which was same. Also compared both in a hex editor which reported that the files are binary same.

Could you please check again at your end? If you still get two different files, please post/send the sample EML file for our analysis.