EmlSaveOptions :: PreserveSignedContent issue

Hello,
Using Google Takeout, I exported my whole email to .mbox

Now using MboxrdStorageReader > MailMessage.Save

If I set the PreserveSignedContent to True, message is deformed
If I set the PreserveSignedContent to False, message is OK

Please kindly check the source code, perhaps it’s reversed?

@australian.dev.nerds

This issue is being checked and we will answer your query in your other thread here:

In 2 different Mbox files, for the first one, setting PreserveSignedContent to True or False makes no difference!
For the second one, the result is reversed, I mean PreserveSignedContent = False preserve it, and True deform it, as mentioned above.

Please test my sample project, it loads my MBOX and extracts one signed message.
Compare results made with PreserveSignedContent set to True and False.

2 bugs here:

1. Seems the property is reversed, True is doing as False and False is doing as True
  2. When we set PreserveSignedContent = True, regardless of preserving the digital signature, it will ruin the whole message structure! Open the True.eml which is rendered with PreserveSignedContent = True inside \bin\Release folder with Windows Live Mail or latest version of Thunderbird to see how it shows!
  • Update: I’ve seen a case which this property only applies to the signed emails, not to the encrypted emails and not to the both signed and encrypted emails. Since I still don’t know the real underlying logic can’t comment on this.

WindowsApplication5.zip (3.8 MB)

@australian.dev.nerds

Please use MboxrdStorageReader(Stream, MboxLoadOptions) and let us know how it goes on your side. Hope this helps you.

aha, use MboxLoadOptions instead of False for LeaveOpen?
I just tried that and no difference.
The problem is not in the LeaveOpen property of MboxrdStorageReader, so no different how we use it.
The problem is PreserveSignedContent property.
Please kindly forward the sample to developers in charge, the problem will be confirmed.

@australian.dev.nerds

We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@australian.dev.nerds

The ticket ID for your case is EMAILNET-40722. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

1 Like

Hi, is this fixed yet?

@australian.dev.nerds

Hi, is this fixed yet?

It seems so. Thanks.