EmptyValueException: ModDate value is empty in High-Load Scenarios

@mheuer,

The linked ticket ID PDFNET-44378 is pending for the analysis and it is difficult for us to share an estimate before the completion of the analysis phase. With the paid support, its priority will be raised. Furthermore, we have noted, and will let you know soon once a reliable estimate is available.

Hi, we still need to know what time boost the PaidSupport would bring us. Are we talking about days or months?
As long as we do not have an answer about at least approximate times for fixes with and without paid support, we are unwilling to buy the support.
We would start to implement a workaround on our site instead.
Sorryā€¦
Matthias

@mheuer,

We are working to replicate this error. This is a bit tricky error because I can replicate this error in my computer, but it is not reproducible in other development environments even after increasing document iterations. We are investigating this scenario and will share an estimate as soon as possible.

Maybe the wrong Command Line Parameter is specified? It happens only if you specify ā€œPDF_A_1Bā€ as desired Output Format (By Default it only generates PDF which works)! This is our command Line.
PdfBugRepro.exe FailedPdfCostInformationDocument.Layout.docx PDF_A_1B

@mheuer,

We are using PDF format PDF_A_1B as you narrated, and will let you know once a significant progress has been made in this regard.

Hello, has there been any progress in this issue? We have the bug sporadically on our side, too (on multi-threaded process)

@stanlife,

Please send all details of the scenario, including source PDF and code. We will investigate your scenario in our environment, and share our findings with you.

Has the bug from @mheuer been solved?

@stanlife,

The linked ticket ID PDFNET-44378 is not resolved yet. We will also notify you once it is fixed.

@mheuer have you found a work around for that bug?

@stanlife,

There is no workaround at the moment. We will let you know in case of any available workaround.

We have no workaround either, except for displaying the error and asking the Users to try it again, hoping for the bestā€¦

@mheuer,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused, and will notify you once it is fixed.

What has worked for me was to assign manually the ModDate just before using the save method. I have run it on many documents on parallel threads and the bug does not raised again until now

Thatā€™s a good idea, weā€™ll try it out.
Do you happen to have the actual Code you use? Could you post it here? (just the couple of lines before the save would be sufficient, I suppose)
Thanks a lot!
Matthias

Aspose.Pdf.Document pdfForDigitalUse = new Document(fileName);;
.... lines of code
pdfForDigitalUse.Info.ModDate = DateTime.Now;
pdfForDigitalUse.Save(pdfDocumentForDigitalUsageFullPath);

That worked for me

Vielen Dank dafĆ¼r! Ich melde michā€¦

@mheuer,

We have added a line of code to set ModDate in PdfUtils.cs as below and tested with the latest version 18.5 of Aspose.PDF for .NET API. Based on the initial review, we are unable to replicate this error. Please modify PdfUtils.cs class, and then let us know how that goes into your environment.
C#

using (var pdfOutputStream = new MemoryStream())
{
    pdfDocument.Info.ModDate = DateTime.Now;
    pdfDocument.Save(pdfOutputStream);
    return pdfOutputStream.ToArray();
}

We are facing the same issues in our environment (with Aspose.PDF for Java). If you access an empty modDate oder creationDate, we get an error.

The documents we manipulate are generated by aspose (MapiMessage -> MHTML -> PDF, via Aspose.Words).

There are 2 questions:

• Why isnā€™t it possible to read null-Values? We get an exception if itā€™s null.
  • Why arenā€™t the properties set, if we save a PDF via Aspose?

The workaround above works, but it should behave as expected - aspose writes this properties always or reading null-values should be possible.

We will try to implement writing the properties manually while generating pdfs too.

@dvtdaten

Aspose.PDF writes these properties while exporting a PDF document. However, if you generating a PDF document using Aspose.Words and these properties are not being set, please post an inquiry in Aspose.Words forum where your issue will surely be addressed accordingly.

We will surely investigate and handle this case where there are null values and API is not reading them. Would you kindly share your sample PDF document having NULL values for these properties. We will further proceed to assist you accordingly.