Enable Track Changes in Word document | Transform Revision Marks during DOCX to PDF Conversion using C# .NET Code

Hello,
After searching in this forum for the support for track changes in word documents when converting to pdf, I came across a post (somewhere in 2007) mentioning that this was not supported at the time but it would be added to the defect database under number:#**7674.

My question is : Has this issue been looked after since then?

I must say that this is a major issue for my project where I’ve been proposing to buy Aspose.Total, but if track changes cannot be kept when converting to pdf… I’m afraid this could be a big Show Stopper…

Please advise
João Neves**

Hi

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Words. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words still does not support revision marks and comments upon rendering. Why revision marks are so important for you? Anyway, after converting to PDF revision marks become static content and you will be unable to remove them or apply changes as you do that in MS Word.
Best regards.

Hi, and thanks for the quick response.
I know that revisions make no sense in PDF other than to be able to see that there are revisions, and what those revisions are for any particular document. But then again… this is exactly what the organisation which I am working, the European Council in Brussels, really requires. The Council is particularly interested in keeping the revisions, among other reasons, because they work here with translation of documents which undergo a sort of draft-working cycle, and revisions are a important part of the process, which should be visible at all times until a document receives its final status.
Looking at the aspose.words API, I easily spotted methods like Document.HasRevisions, IsDeleteRevision and IsInsertRevision methods which point me out that the aspose.Document object is already aware of the existence of revisions.
Also, judging by the amount of forum hits that consultants/developers such as myself get by seeking for: “track changes” or “revisions” clearly demonstrates an interest in such a feature:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/82896

So, having said that I could guess, although I admit I could be wrong, that this wouldn’t represent much of a major issue to add this, otherwise interesting and quite demanded piece of functionality which would definitely provide a huge market edge for your company.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. Unfortunately, I cannot promise you anything regarding this issue at the moment. But I added your request to my monthly report, so its priority will be increased. I will notify you as soon as this feature is supported.
Best regards.

Has this changed since 2009? and if so how do I apply this now?

Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words still does not support revision marks upon rendering. However, we already implemented rendering of comments. This was the first step on the way to full support of annotations upon rendering.

Best regards,

“However, we already implemented rendering of comments.” is there an article or doc on how to do this?

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your inquiry.

There is no need to have an article for this feature, to render a documents with comments just render is as normal to PDF, XPS or image and so forth and the comments will be rendered automatically.

Thanks,

Is there any change on how Aspose handles track changes as of latest?

Thanks, Liz Miner

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, there is no direct way you can track issues by yourself. But, you are welcome to ask the issue status via forum threads. We will verify the status from our internal issue tracking system and reply you back.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-2120) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(23)