Encoding Types issues with EUC- JIS and SJIS in a text document

I have Japanese clients that uses a text editor named Hidemaru that uses the following encoding types: EUC, JIS and SJIS. When the text document is processed by Aspose, the output is displayed in the format that is not readable. See attached zipped document with the screen shot images of the output.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your inquiry. We already answered your query here in this post. Please check the code example in that thread.

If you still face problem, please share your input and output documents along with code example for testing purposes. We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

I have taken your advice for implementing encoding for Japanese JIS, Shift-JIS and EUC Japanese for text files. However, our software Connect which we use Aspose extracts files from SharePoint and displays the document; the text file can be of any language and encoding type. I would like to know how to use Aspose to determine the encoding type if possible. If not, could you tell us how your other customers solved this issue?

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your inquiry. You need to specify the desired character encoding using LoadOptions.Encoding property. In your case, Aspose.Words does not auto detect the text encoding. However, we have logged a feature request as WORDSNET-12858 to detect text encoding of text file in our issue tracking system. Our product team will look into the possibility of implementation of this feature. Once we have any information about this feature, we will update you via this forum thread.

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-12858) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(3)