Equation Detection- Rendering- And Hidden Images

Hi,

I am using Word 2010 and have a few questions.

1. I have noticed, that Aspose.Words does not detect my Equation as Aspose.Words.Math.OfficeMath, but as normal Paragraph containing several Run nodes**,** which represent the text snippets of the equation.
    a) If I copy the equation in Word and paste it in Word as Picture (using CTRL+ALT+V) it is detected as DrawingML
    b) If I copy this Picture and paste it in Word as PNG (using CTRL+ALT+V) it is again detected as DrawingML

These two versions are rendered differently when saving the word file to html using Aspose.Words**,** where the 2 a) version looks worse (less antialiased - plain black&white?)

3)** When I use the png from 2 b) and set it to Hidden in Word (using Font -> Hidden), this Property is not preserved in the DrawingML.Font.Hidden Attribute**.** In contrast: The Hidden property works as expected using a simple run of test and setting it to hidden.

(Tell word to show paragraph marks for displaying hidden elements)

Which way of converting equations to an (image-) format usable in html would you recommend?

Have a nice day,
Hannes

Hi
Thanks for your request.

1. I checked with the latest version of Aspose.Words and the first equation in your document is properly recognizes as a Math object.
  2. The first DrwingML is rendered worse because Aspose.Words does not fully support rendering of DrawingML at the moment. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. We will let you know once it is resolved.
    The second one is just represented as DrawingML, but is a normal image that is why it is rendered as is.
  3. Cannot reproduce this problem. DrawingML.Font.Hidden property returns true for the third DrawingML objects, just as expected.

I used the latest version of Aspose.Words for testing. You can get it from here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
I would recommend you inserting formulas as simple images, in this case you can be sure that they will be properly displayed in HTML.
Best regards,

Hi

Thanks for your reply,

1. The upgrade to the latest version resolved this issue, thank you.

2. Okay. Is there any way of doing the transformation of a Math object, or a DrawingML to a normal image using Aspose.Words ?

3. The upgrade to the latest version resolved this issue as well.

Thanks again,

Hi Hannes,
Thanks for your request. It is perfect that the latest version fixed part of your issues.
Unfortunately, currently there is no way to convert DawingML objects to images using Aspose.Words. We are currently working on this. We plan to support rendering of DrawingML in the next version of Aspose.Words. It will come out in a month or so. We will let you know once it is available.
Best regards,

1. I just wanted to let you know, that the following leads to pretty good results:
Setting the HtmlSaveOptions.ImageResolution to a high number, say 16 * 72 dpi,

then downsizing the resulting image manually in .Net.

Thanks again,
Hannes

Hi Hannes,
Thank you for sharing your experience.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7060) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.