Equation disappears during format conversion (xlsx -> xls)

Hi,

I created a simple document in Excel 2010 with only one Equation object and converted it to *.xls. The result document has no this object.
MS Excel has no problem with conversion.
Workbook wb = new Workbook(fName);
SaveFormat sf = AsposeCommon.saveFormat(nFName);
if (sf == SaveFormat.Unknown) return false;
wb.Save(nFName, sf);

I use Aspose.Cells v7.3.0.2.

Thank you,
Alex Shloma

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

I was able to replicate this issue using the latest version:
Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.3.1.

We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and fix the the problem. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41002.

Below is the sample test code. I have attached the output xls file for your reference.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\formula.xlsx”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.Save(filePath + “.out.xls”,SaveFormat.Excel97To2003);

Hi

Do you have ETA when this issue will be resolved?

Thank you,
Alex Shloma

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We are afraid, there is no update for you at this moment. However, we have logged your comment in our database against this issue. Once, there is some fix or other update for you, we will let you know asap.

Could you please move this ticket to Priority Support forum?

Thanks in advance,

Alex Shloma

Hi Alex Shloma,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

You have requested the following 5 threads/tickets to move to Priority Support forum.

( Equation disappears during format conversion (xlsx -> xls) )
( SmartArt disappears during format conversion (xlsx -> xls) )
( )
( Tracked Changes lost during conversion xlsb to xlsm and xls to xlsm )
( Lose Track Changes after conversion )

You have Priority Support Quota Limit of 6. It means you can only post 6 issues in Priority Support forum. If you will move these 5 tickets to Priority Support forum, your Priority Support Quota Count will increase to 5 and then you could only post one more issue to Priority Support forum.

Do you still want to move all these 5 tickets to Priority Support forum, or do you want to selectively move out of these 5 tickets to Priority Support forum?

Let us know your decision so that we could take appropriate action.

Hi Shakeel,

Thank you for explanations regarding priority support. Ignore my previous request. I will open separate tickets in priority forum.

Best regards,
Alex Shloma

Hi Alex,

Thanks for letting us know your decision and using Aspose.Cells.

Once, you will open separate tickets in priority forum, we will raise the priority of your requested issue.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask, we will be glad to help you asap.

@licenses

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-41002”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41002) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi