Equation in Excel file is not shown in the converted PDF

Hi,

When trying to convert a Excel file that contained an equation that was created using the “insert equation” feature within Excel, the equation is missing in the resulted PDF.

A sample file is attached for your reference.

Please suggest if it is a defect or there is configuration required to display equation.

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Herman

Hi Herman,

Thank you for sharing the sample spreadsheet.

We have evaluated the presented scenario while using the latest revision of Aspose.Cells for Java 8.6.3.4, and we are able to observe the said problem, that is; the equation in a TextBox is not rendering to PDF. We have logged this incident as CELLSJAVA-41693 in our bug tracking system for further investigation. Please spare us little time for proper analysis. In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

Good Morning,

Could you let me know what the progress on this issue is please, do you have any timelines on when it will be fixed? We have also recently logged another issue in your system regarding a particular excel file 690323, would it be possible to have the fixes for both of these in the same release?

I look froward to hearing from you.

Many Thanks
Claire Arthurs

Hi Claire,

Thank you for writing back.

I am afraid, the ticket CELLSJAVA-41693 attached to this thread is currently unresolved. However, we have requested the concerned member of the product team to share the insight of the problem and estimated time for the fix, if possible. As soon as we get any information in this regard, we will share it here for your kind reference.

Regarding the ticket CELLSJAVA-41746 attached to your other thread, we cannot promise that both issues will be fixed with same release, however, we have recorded your request to both tickets in order to link them for reference.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We do not support converting equation to image now. We plan to support it in Q2 2016.

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for the information regarding the support for this feature. Has this been implemented as yet in this quarter?

Many Thanks

Claire

Hi Claire,

I am afraid, the ticket CELLSJAVA-41693 is currently unresolved. We have requested the concerned member of the product team to share the latest updates, as well as the estimated release schedule for the said feature. As soon as we get further updates, we will post here for your kind reference.

Thank you for your patience with us.

Hi,

Our product team has evaluated your issue further. To parse equations is too complex to figure it out precisely. Now we cannot fix it in near future.

Once we have further updates, we will let you know here.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused!

@idbs,
This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. You can test the latest version and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41693) have been fixed in this update.