Error after installing new Hot Fix

Hi,

I've just updated our JAVA aspose.slides with the latest HOT fix (1.8.2.0). After the update everything went mad.

We've been evaluating the hot fix released in December up till now for testing and everything else on a ColdFusion 8 application, everything seems to be working really well until now, in fact we are couple of steps in getting the full license as our boss liked the solution we presented to them but everything seems to have gone belly up since after the update. Please see the attached text file for the error generated.

It's definitely the new hot fix as everything went back to normal soon after we reverted back to the old installation.

Any help will be appreciated.

Jed

Hello Jed,

Are you sure you use latest hot fix? The latest one is 1.8.3.
1.8.2 was published in December.

Anyway, please provide presentation file and
short description how we can reproduce it.

Hi Alcrus,

The 1.8.2 was a typo, in fact the update is the 1.8.3 one. Please see the attached file that is throwing the error. and see the code below. The error occurs when looping over the slides to create images.

//Use ASPOSE Stream and then create Java.i.o. to manipulate filestreams
pres = CreateObject("Java", "com.aspose.slides.Presentation");

uploadedPresentation = application.tempFolder & serverFile;
fis = CreateObject("java", "java.io.FileInputStream");
pres = CreateObject("java", "com.aspose.slides.Presentation").init(fis.init("#uploadedPresentation#"));

slds=pres.getSlides();
sldsCnt=slds.getLastSlidePosition();

//loop over by the number of slides and create large jpgs
for(i = 1; i <= sldsCnt; i++)
{
Slide = pres.getSlideByPosition(javacast("int", i));
dimSz=CreateObject("java", "java.awt.Dimension").init(javacast("int", 700), javacast("int",525));
image = CreateObject("Java", "java.awt.image.BufferedImage");
image=Slide.getThumbnail(dimSZ);
//place large file into folder
outFile=CreateObject("java", "java.io.File").init(("#application.largeFolder##doInsert.newPresentationID#/slide#i#.jpg"));
myImageIO = CreateObject("java", "javax.imageio.ImageIO");
myImageIO.write(image, "jpeg", outFile);
}

Please see the attached PPT file we were trying to upload.

Thanks,

Jed

I think we've sussed out the problem, not sure how the PPT was created but it seems the ppt is the problem.

We definitely are still going for the solution, hopefully everything should be sorted out in our testing and evaluation environment within the next month or so.

In the meantime, is it possible to temporarily remove the "Evaluation only" copy for a period of time on the PPTs in order to show our clients our solution?

Many thanks for this great product.

Jed

Hello Jed,

You are right, presentation file has several non-standard shapes. They don’t have any properties.
Actually, PowerPoint shouldn’t create such shapes. Anyway, we created small workaround for
more or less correct rendering such presentations. You can download it here.

If you need temporary license you can request it from our sales team.