Error attempting to convert any pptx to pdf

I am testing Aspose.Total for Java. All of the MS Office documents convert perfectly to pdf except .pptx. All of my pptx files fail at the same point with the same error (see below). I have followed the example above and am getting the following exception. Essentially the same file as a ppt converts perfectly. Please let me know if its something I'm missing or there is some other way to try to convert. I was convinced up until this last filetype and unfortunately I can't move forward without it. I opened Powerpoint and converted the pptx file to ppt saved it and the conversion worked smoothly on the ppt file with the same content. Any ideas.

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

This is kicked on the following line

PresentationEx presex = new PresentationEx(fullfilename);

I just saw the update 7.5.1 that was released yesterday. I downloaded it and get exactly the same error using this new update.

Here's the full error. This occurs even when I create a simple entry on one slide in a new .pptx file

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at com.aspose.slides.LineFillFormatEx.(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.LineFormatEx.(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.PortionFormatEx.(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.PortionFormatEx.(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.ParagraphFormatEx.(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.PresentationEx.(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPart(ViewReference.java:229)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:595)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.setVisible(PartPane.java:313)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewPane.setVisible(ViewPane.java:534)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.PresentablePart.setVisible(PresentablePart.java:180)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.PresentablePartFolder.select(PresentablePartFolder.java:270)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.LeftToRightTabOrder.select(LeftToRightTabOrder.java:65)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.TabbedStackPresentation.selectPart(TabbedStackPresentation.java:473)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.refreshPresentationSelection(PartStack.java:1245)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.setSelection(PartStack.java:1198)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.presentationSelectionChanged(PartStack.java:834)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.access$1(PartStack.java:823)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack$1.selectPart(PartStack.java:137)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.TabbedStackPresentation$1.handleEvent(TabbedStackPresentation.java:133)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.AbstractTabFolder.fireEvent(AbstractTabFolder.java:269)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.AbstractTabFolder.fireEvent(AbstractTabFolder.java:278)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.defaultpresentation.DefaultTabFolder.access$1(DefaultTabFolder.java:1)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.defaultpresentation.DefaultTabFolder$2.handleEvent(DefaultTabFolder.java:88)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1077)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1062)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:774)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.setSelection(CTabFolder.java:2746)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.onMouse(CTabFolder.java:1433)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder$1.handleEvent(CTabFolder.java:257)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4165)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3754)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2701)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2665)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2499)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:679)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:668)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at com.schultz.resim.application.Application.start(Application.java:32)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.aspose.slides.pf4dd765c.pbdb106a0.pa5e0ff62.ad.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.pf4dd765c.pbdb106a0.p2cbca448.b.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.PatternFormatEx.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.PatternFormatEx.(Unknown Source)

Hi Jerry,

I have observed the exception message shared by you and request you to please share the sample problematic presentation/presentations with us. Please also share the Operating system Java details on your end. I will investigate the issue on my end to help you further.

Many Thanks,

Mudassir,

Thanks for the reply. I created a simple RCP application with a view and loaded the same test pptx doc that failed to convert in my application and it converted just fine. It is obviously some conflict with an exported package in my application but I have, as yet been unable to track it down. I am not able to share the problem file but obviously that is not the problem anyway. The important thing to remember here is that all of your other conversions work perfectly in my application so it is probably one of the imports that your pptx workspace is importing that is different from your ppt workspace. To review, your doc, docx, ppt, xls, xlsx conversions work perfectly. It is only the pptx that is failing. Any info on your imports for the pptx that you are not doing in the ppt would definitely help my to track it down. I am continuing to try to locate the problem. I want to move forward with the purchase but I need the pptx working first. Any thoughts that you might have are appreciated. I will let you know if I find the problem.

Thanks,

Jerry

Mudassir,

I have found a way around the conflict in my app. The pptx files are now converting but slowly. I now need to do some testing on conversion speed with larger pptx files to make a determination as to whether the people that will use the application will wait for the conversion to take place. Thanks for your help.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

That is appreciable that you have been able to identify and resolve the issue on your end. Please share if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,