Error Converting Doc to PDF When doc contains bullets

Glad we finally figured it out.

Hopefully this will be repaired quickly, do you have a time frame where it will be fixed?

Robert, thank you for your inquiry. Please expect a reply before next hotfix (within 4-5 weeks). We might just fix the issue by then or provide you more information.

Best regards.

In addition, as a workaround, you can just remove the font, which causes the problem.

Best regards.

How is removing the font a workable workaround? If I remove the font won’t the document fail?

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your inquiry. No, document will not fail. The font will just be ignored and another suitable font is used instead.

You can copy the font somewhere (just to make a backup copy), then remove it and check whether all works fine.

Best regards.

It does actually fail:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\psfsymbl.ttf

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your request. It seems you have deleted font file, but for some reason registry key was not deleted.

Please make sure that the font was deleted properly and there is not registry key associated with this font.

If the registry key still exists, you can just delete corresponding key from registry manually. You can find this key here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE***SOFTWARE**Microsoft**Windows NT**CurrentVersion***Fonts

Best regards,

What is the bug number for this issue so I can see when its resolved?

Thanks

Hi Robert,

The issue number is 9423. I will notify you as soon as it is resolved.

Best regards.

Hi there, I’m afraid I’m getting a similar error

Test method TestProject.Workflows.DocxEditorTest.TestMethod1 threw exception:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file ‘C:\Windows\Fonts\13731\_u.TTF’…
System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY\_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
System.IO.FileStream…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
System.IO.File.OpenRead(String path)
ctor(䂥 context, String familyName, FontStyle requestedStyle)
ctor(䂥 context, String familyName, FontStyle requestedStyle)
VisitGlyphs(㡿 glyphs)
Accept(㡻 visitor)
Accept(㡻 visitor)
Accept(㡻 visitor)
Accept(㡻 visitor)
Accept(㡻 visitor)
Accept(㡻 visitor)
Accept(㡻 visitor)
Aspose.Words.Document.SaveToPdf(Int32 pageIndex, Int32 pageCount, Stream stream, PdfOptions options)
Aspose.Words.Document.SaveToPdf(Int32 pageIndex, Int32 pageCount, String fileName, PdfOptions options)
Aspose.Words.Document.SaveToPdf(String fileName)
TestProject.Workflows.DocxEditorTest.TestMethod1() in C:\Users…\Workflows\DocxEditorTest.cs: line 81

I’m unable to convert the attached docx to PDF.

It’s a very small document…

thanks

Kris

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Have you verified that this font is properly installed/deleted? Please make sure that the font was deleted properly and there is not registry key associated with this font. If the registry key still exists, you can just delete corresponding key from registry manually. You can find this key here:

Best regards,

Hi there, everytime the error came up I deleted the font from the registry; but then it found a new font to complain about (seems to always be True Type fonts)

It’s a real shame this has happened as I’m very keen to integrate Aspose.Word in my new project and I have a deadline coming up. If you have a hot fix, feel free to send it to me! I won’t mind if it’s untested or slightly unstable, as long as the PDF conversion works; then I can get on with other things until a proper release comes out

Kris

Oh yeah, also, it’s a docx file, not a doc.

thanks

Kris

Hello!

Thank you for asking this.

#9423 has been fixed in the current codebase. The fix will be available with the next public build (3-4 weeks). As I see in the implementers comments, the reason of the bug was in improper reading of True Type font metrics in older format. As a workaround you can switch to using another font or just the same font but with font metrics in new format.

Making an intermediate build is a really big deal. Sorry.

Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 9423) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Thanks for the update. 9423 is:-

9423 Bug Rendering.PDF “EndOfStreamException” exception occurs during converting document to PDF.

I have just downloaded the update and the error still occurs: “Test method TestPDFToolkits.AsposeWordTest.TestMethod1 threw exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file ‘C:\Windows\Fonts\14459_UB.TTF’…”

Stack Trace

System.IO.\_\_Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY\_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
System.IO.File.OpenRead(String path)
ctor(䅧 context, String familyName, FontStyle requestedStyle)
ctor(䅧 context, String familyName, FontStyle requestedStyle)
VisitGlyphs(㤆 glyphs)
Accept(㣾 visitor)
Accept(㣾 visitor)
Accept(㣾 visitor)
Accept(㣾 visitor)
Accept(㣾 visitor)
Accept(㣾 visitor)
Accept(㣾 visitor)
Aspose.Words.Document.SaveToPdf(Int32 pageIndex, Int32 pageCount, Stream stream, PdfOptions options)
Aspose.Words.Document.SaveToPdf(Int32 pageIndex, Int32 pageCount, String fileName, PdfOptions options)
Aspose.Words.Document.SaveToPdf(String fileName)
TestPDFToolkits.AsposeWordTest.TestMethod1() in d:\\Projects\PDFTesting\TestPDFToolkits\TestPDFToolkits\AsposeWordTest.cs: line 67

sorry to be the bearer of bad news…

Kris

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. This problem might occur because this font was not properly installed/deleted. Please make sure that the font was deleted/installed properly and there is not registry key associated with this font. If the registry key still exists, you can just delete corresponding key from registry manually. You can find this key here:

Best regards,

Hi there, thanks for the reply. I’m afraid I have no control over what fonts are used within documents that are uploaded to my application. Also, when I open the docx document it looks all OK to me.

I’m unable to change the source document. I have tried deleting all the font aspose complains about from the registry on my virtual machine, but it just moans about a different font everytime. I’ll end up with no fonts and absolutely no way to write these messages on this forum! :slight_smile:

Kris

It is strange. Aspose.Words reads registry keys to find font on your PC. Registry entries have font names as keys and font locations as values. What Operation System do you use? Do you have folder C:\Windows\Fonts?

Best regards.

Hi there, I have Windows Vista and a c:\Windows\Fonts folder.

I have just deleted the registry settings for loads of font references which appear to be orphaned… i.e., they don’t have an associated font file. Not sure why. I can’t seem to find a utility to clean up the font references.

Maybe the software should ignore orphaned fonts? Could be as simple as a File.Exists predicate :slight_smile:

thanks

k