Error converting PPTX into PDF

I'm trying to convert a PPTX (attached) into PDF using the code below, but I'm getting the following error, can you verify that?

PresentationEx presentation = new PresentationEx(file.getAbsolutePath());
presentation.save(pdfFile.getAbsolutePath(), com.aspose.slides.SaveFormat.Pdf);

java.lang.VerifyError: (class: com/aspose/slides/pf4dd765c/pf4dd765c/pbdb106a0/pa2137a2a/a, method: case signature: (Lcom/aspose/slides/pf4dd765c/pbdb106a0/cd;)Ljavax/imageio/ImageReader;) Wrong return type in function
at com.aspose.slides.pf4dd765c.pbdb106a0.pa2137a2a.pa2137a2a.ae.if(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.akd.(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.PictureEx.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.aas.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.aas.if(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.aas.(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.SlideEx.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.bdi.if(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.PresentationEx.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.PresentationEx.save(Unknown Source)

Thanks in advance for any help.
Mariusz

I tried another very simple file (attached) and I’m getting even more strange exception with Aspose.Slides for Java 7.7.0

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.aspose.slides.akd

Hi Mariusz,

I have worked with both presentation files shared by you and have been able to generate the PDF for both presentations using Aspose.Slides for .NET 7.7.0 in Windows 7 with JDK 1.6_45. Please try using the specified version on your end. I have attached the generated PDF as well.

Many Thanks,

I tried with version 7.7.0 for Java on a Windows Server 2003 (32b) as well as on Windows Server 2008 (64b) with Java 1.7.

I actually tried with both Java 6 and 7

The second issue I managed to fix by adding jai_core.jar, jai_codec.jar and jai_imageio.jar into the classpath. Why this dependency is not documented anywhere? Unfortunately I’m still getting the exception mentioned in the first post with that concrete file.

ava.lang.VerifyError: (class: com/aspose/slides/pf4dd765c/pf4dd765c/pbdb106a0/pa2137a2a/a, method: case signature: (Lcom/aspose/slides/pf4dd765c/pbdb106a0/cd;)Ljavax/imageio/ImageReader;) Wrong return type in function
at com.aspose.slides.pf4dd765c.pbdb106a0.pa2137a2a.pa2137a2a.ae.if(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.akd.(Unknown Source)

On Windows 7 with Java 6 it is the same.

Hi Mariusz,

I like to share that Aspose.Slides for Java 7.7.0 is no more dependent on JAI library for rendering. The older versions of Aspose.Slides till 2.9.x series had this dependency. But after Aspose.Slides for Java 3.0.0 this dependency has been removed. Can you please share the complete JDK 7 and 6 versions with us that you have tried on your end reproduce the issue. I also suggest you to kindly create a separate sample application in your environment and in other operating system instance (preferably Windows 7) to verify the issue again. Please also provide the operating system details along with any configuration details on your end.

Many Thanks,

It works fine now, apparently there is some conflict with Aspose.Pdf which requires JAI. It works only if I remove Aspose.Pdf from the classpath.

Hi Mariusz,

That is appreciable things have resolved on your end. I suggest you to kindly report the issue to Aspose.Pdf for your further investigation.

Many Thanks,