We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Error creating control for GridWeb

I installed the latest Aspose.Cells. I'm creating a new web application in Visual Studio 2012 targeting the 4.0 Framework. I created a web page and dragged the GridWeb control from the Toolbox onto the web page. The HTML is:

<%@ Register assembly="Aspose.Cells.GridWeb" namespace="Aspose.Cells.GridWeb" tagprefix="acw" %>

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html xmlns=http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml>
<head runat=“server”>
<title></title>
</head>
<body>
<form id=“form1” runat=“server”>
<div>

<span style="color: gray;"><</span><span style="color: rgb(86, 156, 214);">acw</span><span style="color: rgb(180, 180, 180);">:</span><span style="color: rgb(86, 156, 214);">GridWeb</span> <span style="color: rgb(156, 220, 254);">ID</span><span style="color: rgb(180, 180, 180);">=</span><span style="color: rgb(200, 200, 200);">"GridWeb1"</span> <span style="color: rgb(156, 220, 254);">runat</span><span style="color: rgb(180, 180, 180);">=</span><span style="color: rgb(200, 200, 200);">"server"</span><span style="color: gray;">></span>
    <span style="color: gray;"></</span><span style="color: rgb(86, 156, 214);">acw</span><span style="color: rgb(180, 180, 180);">:</span><span style="color: rgb(86, 156, 214);">GridWeb</span><span style="color: gray;">></span>

<span style="color: gray;"></</span><span style="color: rgb(86, 156, 214);">div</span><span style="color: gray;">></span>
<span style="color: gray;"></</span><span style="color: rgb(86, 156, 214);">form</span><span style="color: gray;">></span></pre><p>Resulting in the error in the attached JPG when switched to Design view. I have a reference to </p><p>C:\Program Files (x86)\Aspose\Aspose.Cells for .NET\Bin\net2.0\Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.dll </p><p>in my Project References and a "using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb;" in my code-behind.</p><p>The Toolbox entry was created by using the same DLL used in the reference. </p><p>Any idea why I am getting this error?</p><p> </p><p> </p>

Hi,

Thanks for pointing it out.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned. After installing Aspose.Cells.GridWeb control using Aspose.Cells. for .NET MSI installer, I opened an ASP.NET web project, added reference to the Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.dll, and in the ToolBox, I also used Choose items to select the relative Aspose.Cells.GridWeb assembly. Moreover, I added a folder named “acw_client” in my project/solution and then add all the files inside the “acw_client” @ the installation directory (e.g “…Aspose\Aspose.Cells for .NET”). I added the following lines:
in the web.config file.
Now when I double click on the control (icon) in the ToolBox, i got the error html generated on the web form as per your screen shot.

Although the control works absolutely fine when running it into the browser but at design time, it shows the error in web from in VS.NET (2010). I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-42623” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Is the creation of the acw_client folder and the config file entries documented anywhere? I observed that in the sample code but haven’t been able to find any documentation on the steps to include GridWeb in a solution other than the ones I originally took.

Hi,

Please see the document/ article for your reference:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Using+Your+Own+Icons+Instead+of+the+Default+Icons+++GridWeb

It will give you some insight about the settings in the Web.config file in your VS.NET project.

Thank you.

The doc you referenced is entitled "Using Your Own Icons Instead of the Default Icons - GridWeb" however it seems to me that when deploying a GridWeb based application it is imperative to include the "acw_client" folder in the application regardless of whether or not the intent is to use custom icons. Since the code assumes the acw_client folder is in "c:Program Files(x86)\Aspose" if the Aspose code is not installed on the web server, which in most cases it isn't, then the acw_client folder and the related appSettings entries are required for all deployments of the GridWeb control.

If I'm correct in my assumption the documentation for using the GridWeb control should be updated to include copying the acw_client folder to the Visual Studio Project and making the appropriate appSettings changes.

Hi,

rschaeferhig:

The doc you referenced is entitled "Using Your Own Icons Instead of the Default Icons - GridWeb" however it seems to me that when deploying a GridWeb based application it is imperative to include the "acw_client" folder in the application regardless of whether or not the intent is to use custom icons. Since the code assumes the acw_client folder is in "c:Program Files(x86)\Aspose" if the Aspose code is not installed on the web server, which in most cases it isn't, then the acw_client folder and the related appSettings entries are required for all deployments of the GridWeb control.

If I'm correct in my assumption the documentation for using the GridWeb control should be updated to include copying the acw_client folder to the Visual Studio Project and making the appropriate appSettings changes.

Yes, your understanding is correct. I referred to the suggested document/ article in my previous post to only explain the working of acw_client files and its folder settings in the web.config. Anyways, we will surely update the docs to better explain the working of acw_client files and their settings.

Thank you.

Hi,

I have updated the docs accordingly now. Please see the Aspose.Cells Grid Controls FAQs page and check the last Q/ Ans. on the document for your reference:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Aspose.Cells+Grid+Controls+FAQs

Hope, this helps a bit.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-42623) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.