Error e-mailing attachments

Every time I attempt to send an e-mail with large attachments I get the following error:

-----
A first chance exception of type 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketException' occurred in system.dll

Additional information: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
-----

followed by several other errors, eventually ending with the throwing of the error:

-----
A first chance exception of type 'System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

Additional information: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
-----

The e-mail is still sent correctly, so why does this error occur.

Sending small attachments or no attachments works fine.

More information...

With an attachments of 1.4MB and 1.7MB I get this error and with attachments below about 1MB I don't.

Is your component timing out even though the e-mail is still being sent, because it is taking a while?

It is important that I can e-mail large attachment as we are using this internally to e-mail scanned documents, which, when in colour can be quite large.

Dear caustin,

Thanks for your post.

Could mail me some sample code about how you send mail wiht the component? And what is the version of the component you are using.

Thanks again.