Error Formatting Tables

Hi Guys,

I am using Aspose.Words in my company to take a .dot file, perform a merge & output to PDF.

I have started by writing some very simple code to open a doc file, and write it out to a PDF.

Document doc = new Document(@"C:\Table.doc");
doc.SaveToPdf(@"C:\TableAspose.pdf");

I have tested this with one of our dot files and noticed that tables with cells that have been generated using “Merge Cells” do not format correctly when using Aspose.

I have attached a zip file containing 4 files.

• Table.doc - the original word document
  • Table Error.jpg - A comparison of the original document and Aspose.Words pdf
  • TableOrig.pdf - Original word PDF
  • TableAspose.pdf - Aspose SaveToPdf PDF

Is there a fix/workaround or imminent release that will resolve this issue?

Many Thanks,
Adam

Hi

Thanks for your request. Vertically merged cells are not supported during converting to PDF. This is the issue #6836 in our defect database. I will notify you as soon as it is fixed.
Best regards.

Is there an ETA for this fix? This is the only problem stopping our company from adopting your solution for a major project of ours!

Many Thanks,
Adam

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your request. Unfortunately, it is hard to provide you reliable estimate regarding this issues at current stage. Please expect a reply before next hotfix (within 4-5 weeks). We might just fix the issue by then or provide you more information.
Best regards.

We are happy to tell you that vertically merged table cells are supported when converting to PDF, rendering and printing… You can download the latest version of Aspose.Words from here.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(11)