Error in conversion of slanted Word headers to PDF

Hi,

I am using version 11.6 of Aspose.Words to convert a Word document to Pdf. So far, it works well except for when the Word document has a header that is slanted vertically. See attached sample Word documents and their converted Pdf versions.

For the conversion, I am using following code, where docBytes is a byte array containing the bytes of the word document:

using (MemoryStream docStream = new MemoryStream(docBytes))
{
	   Document dstDoc = new Document(docStream);
   	   MemoryStream pdfStream = new MemoryStream();
   	   dstDoc.Save(pdfStream, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Pdf);
}

Hope to get some feedback from you. Thanks.

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Aspose.Words page layout engine tries to mimic the way the Microsoft Word’s page layout engine works. To you, this means that if you convert a Microsoft Word document into PDF, XPS or print it using Aspose.Words, the output will appear almost exactly as if it was done by Microsoft Word.
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/About+Rendering+in+Aspose.Words

Moreover, I have attached a PDF (), i.e. generated via MS WORD 2007 on my side, here for your reference.

Best Regards,

Hi Awais.Hafeez,

thanks for your reply. I do not have MS Word 2007, so I am not able to test the conversion with it. However, I do have MS Word 2010 and it does the conversion perfectly. Aspose.Words, on the other hand does not. Please see the attached documents for a comparison between MS Word 2010 conversion and Aspose.Words conversion.

Sincerely,

Hi
Jennifer,

Thanks for the additional information. Yes, you’re right, I managed to reproduce the same issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-6814. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Awais.Hafeez,

thanks, and I'm looking forward to when this issue is resolved.

Sincerely,

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your inquiry. This issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Unfortunately, at the moment I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this issue. However, you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Awais.Hafeez,

is there any update??? We're waitung nearly 4 months and this issue ist not resolved!!!1

Sincerely,
								</div>
								</div>
Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your inquiry. This problem actually requires us to implement a new feature in Aspose.Words. I regret to share with you that this problem has been postponed till a later date. However, the fix of this problem may definitely come onto the product roadmap in the future. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as this feature is supported. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6814) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.