Error in conversion

Please see the attached zip containing a .DOC and its converted PDF.
The conversion was done with v18.7 but they do not match. Can you explain please

IAT-1.3-09 Incoming Inspection_4_.doc.zip (1009.0 KB)

@john.gleeson,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario using latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 18.7 and have not found the shared issue. Please check the attached output PDF file. 18.7.pdf (479.3 KB)

Please note that Aspose.Words requires TrueType fonts when rendering document to fixed-page formats (JPEG, PNG, PDF or XPS). You need to install fonts that are used in your document on the machine where you’re converting documents to PDF. Please refer to the following article:

How Aspose.Words Uses True Type Fonts

1. I cannot see your output file because it says it is private!
  2. The conversion we did was done with version 18.7.0.0 FileSize 11,331 KB, FileDate 04/07/2018 11:06

Is it possible the Font issue will have caused this bad conversion.

john

Hi
I tried looking at your 18.7.pdf file again and I can access it now. Did you change something?

However if you look at page 5 you will see that the same problem exists. Text Boxes 8 and 9 are not located on the image as they are in the DOCX file

john

@john.gleeson,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the behavior of MS Word. If you convert your document to PDF using MS Word, you will get the same output. Moreover, the text boxes 8 and 9 are not located on images. Please check the attached screenshot of MS Word 2016.msword 2016.png (96.5 KB)

I converted the file using Word 365 and the text boxes are all in place
IAT-1.3-09 Incoming Inspection converted by Word.pdf (521.3 KB)

@john.gleeson,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please open your document in MS Word and share the screenshot of problematic pages? Thanks for your cooperation.

I have attached the DOCX and PDF in a ZIp file. The errors are on Figures 1 to 7 on pages 4 to 7. The text boxes and arrows should align with the appropriate locations in the Figures.
As an example I have included a screenshot ot Figure 3 in the Zip fileIAT-1.3-09 Incoming Inspection_4_.doc.zip (1.0 MB)

@john.gleeson,

We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-17285. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@john.gleeson,

Thanks for your patience. It is to inform you that the issue which you are facing is actually not a bug in Aspose.Words. So, we have closed this issue (WORDSNET-17285) as ‘Not a Bug’.

Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the behavior of MS Word. If you convert your document to PDF using MS Word, you will get the same output.