Error in mail merging

I want to perform nested mail merging but with few columns divided into two rows as shown in the table below
«TableStart:MainTable»

Comments 10th 12 Graduation
Marks Marks Marks
% % %
«TableStart:Marks»«Serial» «Comments» «10M» «12M» «GRADUATIONM»
«10P» «12P» «GRADUATIONP»«TableEnd:Marks»

«TableEnd:MainTable»
I am getiing following error “Mail merge region ‘Marks’ is badly formed. TableStart and TableEnd should be in the same section, same table row or same table cell.”
Please suggest a solutions…
Thanks

"

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. As mentioned in the error message, TableStart and TableEnd should be in the same section, same table row or same table cell.
As a workaround you can try using a nested table with two rows, like the following:
«TableStart:MainTable»

Comments 10th 12 Graduation
Marks Marks Marks
% % %
«TableStart:Marks»
«Serial» «Comments» «10M» «12M» «GRADUATIONM»
«10P» «12P» «GRADUATIONP»
«TableEnd:Marks»

«TableEnd:MainTable»
Hope this helps.
Best regards.

Thank you for the reply.
Your solution works great however I am getting a blank line in place of «TableStart:Marks» and «TableEnd:Marks» (starting and closing of table tags), so nested tables have some blank spaces. Could you please suggest how can I get rid of those blank spaces so nested tables appears to be rows of main table.
Thanks

Hi there,
Thanks for this additional information. You should beable to achieve this by simply combining the second table with the first. You can either copy the rows over or include a nested table within the first table. Either way because you are using regions the table will grow with each merged data entry.
If you have any further queries, please feel free to ask.
Thanks,