Error on Aspose PDF for Reporting Services

Hi,

In test enviroment we has a run time error "Unable to cast object of type 'Aspose.Pdf.ReportingServices.Renderer' to type 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportRendering.IRenderingExtension'"

In attachment a VisualStudioProject. The Error is for TestChart.aspx.

Thanks.

Wilson Aleixo da Mota

This message was posted using Page2Forum (attachment) from Integrate with Microsoft Report Viewer in Local Mode - Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services

Hello <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Wilson,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Aspose.Pdf for SSRS renders .RDL files into PDF format. As far as I can see the file that you're trying to convert is in .RDLC format. I've manually converted it into .RDL extension and have tried using it with Aspose.Pdf for SSRS. But I'm afraid I couldn't use it, because in your report you're using some custom datasouce DummyDataSource in DS_Dados_Usuarios Dataset. Is it possible that you can share the datasource so that we can test the scenario at our end.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

My test project is for RDLC compatibilite test. Your ASPOSE PDF for SSRS Documentation has a step "How to Integrate with Microsoft Report Viewer in Local Mode".

I´m following step by step on manual. In this case the Informed error is displayed on Internet Explorer.

My machine is a DELL Vosto with "Windows Server 2008 R2" 64 bits.

Hello <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Wilson,

Sorry for my previous reply that caused the confusion. I'll again look into this matter and will update you with the status of correction, shortly.

Hello Wilson,

Sorry for replying you late.

As I've already shared in one of my previous replies, that I wasn't able to open the sample .RDLC file because in your report you're using some custom datasouce DummyDataSource in DS_Dados_Usuarios Dataset. Is it possible that you can share the datasource so that we can test the scenario at our end.

Without the datasource it is difficult to reproduce the error. Or In case you cannot share the datasource, can you please provide us the similar example based on AdventureWorks database, which could reproduce the same error.

I know it's really annoying and you've been facing problems due to this issue, but I would again request you to be patient. We are really sorry for your inconvenience.

Hello <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Wilson,

Sorry for getting back to you so late.

I have managed to test the scenario and I am able to notice that Aspose.Pdf.ReportingServices is causing an issue when integrating it with Microsoft Report Viewer in Local Mode. The issue is logged in our issue tracking system as PDFREP-15569. We are looking into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of a correction.

Please be patient and spare us little time. We are really sorry for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 15569) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)