Error on Save in evaluation version?

Howdy,

I downloaded the evaluation Aspose.Excel.dll yesterday, and I’m getting an error when saving.

I thought my processing was messing it up. I can read cells and set values, but when I try to save, it blows up. So I commented out the processing, and got the code down to the following three lines (should be a straight copy I think), but still no dice:

Excel excel = new Excel();
excel.Open(InputFileName);
excel.Save(OutputFileName);

Is this a restriction on the evaluation version?

The error looks like so:

Server Error in ‘/Ws/ProjectRoster’ Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] Aspose.Excel.Record.?.?(String ?) +30 Aspose.Excel.Record.?.?(Validation ?, Int32 ?) +73 Aspose.Excel.Record.?.?(Validation ?) +435 Aspose.Excel.Worksheet.?(? ?) +7778 Aspose.Excel.Worksheets.?(? ?) +503 Aspose.Excel.Record.?.?(? ?, ? ?, Worksheets ?) +834 Aspose.Excel.Worksheets.?(String ?, FileFormatType ?, MemoryStream& ?) +419 [Exception: Errors in Excel Save method:0] Aspose.Excel.Worksheets.?(UInt32 ?, Exception ?) +365 Aspose.Excel.Worksheets.?(String ?, FileFormatType ?, MemoryStream& ?) +600 Aspose.Excel.Worksheets.?(String ?, SaveType ?, FileFormatType ?, HttpResponse ?) +337 [Exception: Errors in Excel Save method:0] Aspose.Excel.Worksheets.?(UInt32 ?, Exception ?) +365 Aspose.Excel.Worksheets.?(String ?, SaveType ?, FileFormatType ?, HttpResponse ?) +1007 Aspose.Excel.Excel.Save(String fileName, FileFormatType fileFormatType) +338 Aspose.Excel.Excel.Save(String fileName) +7 ProjectRoster.Portlet.UpdateRosterFile(Int32 CommunityId, String InputFileName, String OutputFileName) in \kbrconpt1\d$\plumtree\webservices\projectroster\portlet.aspx.cs:52 ProjectRoster.Portlet.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in \kbrconpt1\d$\plumtree\webservices\projectroster\portlet.aspx.cs:39 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

Thanks,
Scott

Hi Scott,

Could you please post your file here? Maybe in your file there are some content that cannot be handled by Aspose.Excel. I will check and fix it ASAP.

Can you give me an email address to send it to? It's got some company personnel information in it they probably don't want posted on a forum.

Just attach your file in this thread. It’s secured and more info please check http://www.aspose.com/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=16001.

I'm not suprised this spreadsheet is a trouble maker. It has a bunch of macros, and does some Microsoft Office automation with Outlook to send emails and what not.

Please try this attached fix.