We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Error opening pdf

Hi,

We have been using aspose.pdf for some time now and we have only recently started getting this error since we changed our software to asp.net.

We generate pdf from ms word and pdf file is fine on nearly all pcs. However, some of our clients are having dificulty opening the pdf. they get the error mess

there was an error opening this document. the file is damaged and could not be repaired

The same pdf file can be opened on all other pc's. The client is running the same O/S and service pack and latest version of Adobe Reader.

Do you have any ideas why only some pcs cannot open this file ?

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

Can you please share the pdf file with us, so we could investigate the issue in detail? Also, if you could share any related information that'll be helpful.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Hi,

Thanks, please see attached PDF sample.

Mark

Hi Mark,

I have tried opening the attached file on XP/Acrobar Reader 9, and it opened successfully.

Can you please tell me which OS/Acrobat Reader version your client is using, so I could test this file over there?

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Hello Mark,

Please share the resource Word documents of the Pdf files for which you are facing problem, so that we can try converting them at our end.

Hi Thanks for your responses.

Our clients that have the issue opening pdf are Windows XP with service pack 2 and adobe reader 8.1 (latest). We have exactly the same setup and works fine for us, as it does for other clients.

I have attached a Word document which produces the pdf error ( for the clients who have the problem, they cannot open any pdf we create from any Word Document).

Many thanks for your help in this matter...

Mark

Hello Mark,

I’ve tried converting the Word document into Pdf using Aspose.Pdf 3.9.0.0 and Aspose.Words 6.0.1.0 over Windows XP with SP2, and I am able to open the file using Adobe Reader 5.0 and Adobe Reader 8.0. Please try using these versions and in case you still face any problem, feel free to share.

I’ve also attached the resultant Pdf that I’ve generated, try viewing it at your end.