Error "Parameter Not Valid" on Combining PPTX Files

Hi!

We are evaluating the use of your software. We need it to combine multiple PPTX files into one.

I tried the c# and c++ samples and can’t get it working with our slides.

I uploaded the slides to this topic: Archiv.zip (8.6 MB)

This is the sample code:

using Aspose.Slides;
using Aspose.Slides.Export;

string dir = "D:\\Project\\CombinerService\\Presentations";

using (Presentation pres1 = new Presentation(Path.Combine(dir, "eJournalv2_26_08_2022_12_58_28_BasisRenteStartupInvest_Check.pptx")),
    pres2 = new Presentation(Path.Combine(dir, "eJournalv2_26_08_2022_13_00_47_IndexSelect_Check.pptx")))
{
    foreach (ISlide slide in pres2.Slides)
    {
        pres1.Slides.AddClone(slide);
    }
    try
    {
        pres1.Save(Path.Combine(dir, "out.pptx"), SaveFormat.Pptx);
    } catch (Exception ex)
    {
        Console.WriteLine(ex.Message);
    }
}

I always get a Parameter not valid exception. When I try some other “more simple” slides the same code is working. I have no idea what is wrong. Do you have any clue?

@Martek,
Thank you for contacting support. We will reply to you as soon as possible.

@Martek,
It looks like the exception is specific for the presentation you provided. Thank you for reporting the issue. I’ve reproduced the problem with merging the presentations and added a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-43434 to our issue tracking system. Our development team will investigate the case. You will be notified when the issue is resolved.

It would be great if you could share the following additional information:

• OS version on which the code was executed
  • .NET target platform you used to the test

We will then also test a solution in an environment similar to yours.

Hi Andrey,

I tried it with .NET 6.0 (As console application) and on Windows Server 2022.

@Martek,
Thank you for the additional information. I’ve forwarded it to our developers.

Hi Andrey,

thanks for your feedback.

For a customer app we would like to migrate to your system as soon as possible, but we need to test it as soon as the bug is fixed.

the tool we want to replace with aspose is in active use, but has an unsolvable bug. therefor we must act shortly. thats why im asking.

to inform our customer it would really help a lot, if we could give a time estimation by when we can start the testing here. do you have a rough idea?

Thank you!

Regards
Flo

@FloL,
I’ve requested plans for the issue from our development team. We will let you know them as soon as possible.

@FloL,
Our developers have informed that the issue is already fixed. A fix will be included in Aspose.Slides 22.9. This release will be published in the second half of September.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-43434) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 22.9 (ZIP, MSI).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.