Error reported by Eclipse: The type com.aspose.cells.b.a.d cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required type com.aspose.cells.Cells

Since version 23.2 of Aspose Cells, I have this error that is reported by my Eclipse IDE:
The type com.aspose.cells.b.a.d cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required type com.aspose.cells.Cells

This error is indicated on the following code:
Cell cell = cells.find(null, cell, findOptions);

I have just tested with Aspose Cells version 23.3 and this error is still present whereas it was not in 23.1.

It doesn’t seem to be a problem though and the code compiles fine, so I’m wondering why this error appears?

@cdelanneau,

I tested your scenario/case a bit using the find method (as per your line of code) but could not reproduce the issue with Aspose.Cells v23.3. Could you please share sample code (runnable) to reproduce the issue on our end, we will check it soon.

Hello,

Here is an example of code that causes the error I am experiencing:

import com.aspose.cells.Cell;
import com.aspose.cells.Cells;
import com.aspose.cells.FindOptions;
import com.aspose.cells.LookInType;
import com.aspose.cells.Workbook;
import com.aspose.cells.Worksheet;

public class TestAspose {

public static void test() {

FindOptions findOptions = new FindOptions();
		findOptions.setLookInType(LookInType.VALUES_EXCLUDE_FORMULA_CELL);

Workbook wb = new Workbook();
		for (int i = 0; i < wb.getWorksheets().getCount(); i++) {
			Worksheet ws = wb.getWorksheets().get(i);
			Cells cells = ws.getCells();
			Cell cell = null;
			do {
				cell = cells.find(null, cell, findOptions);
				if (cell != null) {
					// Some code
				}
			} while (cell != null);
		}

}

}

I am also attaching a screenshot from my IDE that shows me the error:
Capture d’écran 2023-03-10 à 10.25.55.jpg (236.6 KB)

@cdelanneau,

We found the compile time error/issue: “The type com.aspose.cells.b.a.d cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required type com.aspose.cells.Cells” although we have no issue and code runs fine when executed in Eclipse. Also, we do not find issue in IntilliJIdea IDE though. Anyways, we need to investigate your issue in details.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSJAVA-45226

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Thank you for your reply.

Indeed, this error does not seem to cause any compilation problem and everything seems to work fine on my environment, so it is not urgent.

I look forward to your feedback once you have been able to analyse this error in more detail.

Thank you.

@cdelanneau,

Thanks for your feedback.

Sure, let us evaluate your issue in details and then we will get back to you.

@cdelanneau,

We evaluated your issue a bit.

We think it should be an issue of Eclipse which cannot identify class and package with same name. We will change the naming logic of classes in our jar to avoid such situation from next version/release.

1 Like

@cdelanneau,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-45226) should have been fixed by our latest version Aspose.Cells for Java 23.4. Please try it.