Error running existing reports

One of the main reasons we are interested in Aspose.Cells is the ability to run our current reports that contain charts and get live charts.

Unfortunately we always get an error when we try to run our reports, see the attached files.

We would appriciate some help on your end to resolve this issue.

This message was posted using Email2Forum by simon.bell. (private + attachment)

Hi,

We will soon look into your issue.

By the way, could you please try our latest fix: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services V1.8.0.30(SSRS2008R2).

Let us know if it makes any difference.

Thank you.

Hi,

I just installed the latest fix and ran our report again. Unfortunately with the same error as before.

Best regards,

-Andy

Hi,

We have logged a ticket with an id: SSRS-40036. We will look into your issue soon.

Once we figure it out, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

We had check your report define file and found its format is SSRS 2005.

Please download and try the latest version: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services 1.8.0.30 (SSRS2005).

Copy Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll into following folder :

${SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services}\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin

Please let us know result.

Hi,

Our Reporting Services is 2008 R2. The report itself is older and therefore still 2005. This works just fine with the out of the box funtionality. Is there a reason a 2005 RDL will not work with 2008 R2 version of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services?

Thanks!

-Andy

Hi,

Thanks for your information.

We have logged your comments in our database against the issue id: SSRS-40036

We will look into it and once there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services can export a 2005 RDL in SSRS 2008 R2 server.

We had tested it and it is ok.

Please try latest version: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v1.8.0.35 (SSRS2008R2).

Copy Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll into following folder :

${SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services}\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin.

If the issues still exist, please post report file with excel default rendering here.

We will check it ASAP.

Hello,

I installed the newest version suggested above. I restarted reporting services, but still get the same error when exporting to XLSX with Aspose.Cells. Plese see the attached files.

I was also wondering how to check whether the latest version of Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll is invoked when exporting.

-Andy

Hi,

Please find Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.log file inside installation folder and read it, it will give you indication whether the new dll was invoked or not.

I have also logged your comments and files in our database against the issue id: SSRS-40036

We will look into your issues and update you asap.

I have searched for the suggested file Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.log but could not find it any where on the server. Is there something I have to configure for this file to be written?

-Andy

Hi,

You will find Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.log in the ${Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services installation folder}

Please follow the following the steps.

1. Set logger parameter to debug in the Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml file.

2. Check
the log file. If you cannot find log
file (Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.log) in: ${Aspose.Cells for
Reporting Services installation folder}
, please modify installation
folder’s permission set.

Hi,

We had checked your provided report define file.

We had fixed chart page break issues.

Please try the fixed version: Aspose.Cells for Reporting services V1.8.0.36 (SSRS2008R2).

Please copy Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll into following folder :

Let us know your feedback.

Hello,

Thanks for the update! I can export the report to xlsx now successfully but the charts themselves have the background for chart area and plot area set to a pattern fill which makes the chart unreadable. Please see the attached file.

Regards,

-Andy

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We will look into your remaining issues and solve them and update you asap.

Could you please also provide us xls export for comparison?

Hello,

I did some further testing. There is a significant difference in the chart and what data is used in the chart from the SSRS out of the box Excel export (Correct_distance_V1_and_V2(1)_XLS) to the two exports generated with Aspose.Cells (Correct_distance_V1_and_V2(1)_XLSX_ASPOSE, Correct_distance_V1_and_V2(1)_XLS_ASPOSE). Where the behavior of the original Excel report is the correct one.

-Andy

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have logged your issues against the issue id: SSRS-40036

We will look into these issues and get back to you asap.

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any progress with the found issues.

Thanks,

-Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells and being patient for the resolution of the issue.

I have checked the status of this issue from our Issue Tracking System and found that your issue is still in progress. I have further logged your comments in our database against this issue for information about the resolution of this issue. We will update you here once we have any information from our development team.

We appreciate your cooperation in this regard.

Hi ,

There are few differences between reporting services chart and excel chart.

So Aspose.Cells exported chart report had a little difference than Excel exported chart inside a report.

Now we had fixed and adjusted it.

Please try the fixed version: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services V1.8.0.49 (SSRS2008R2).

Please copy Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll into following folder :

If you face any other issues, please let us know. We will check it ASAP.

By the way, Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services exported chart report hides ASRS_CHARTTABLE sheet when the value of chart is all in Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml file.

There is chart data in ASRS_CHARTTABLE sheet.