We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Error when compiling aplication

Hi,

I renewed my Aspose Total license today, but when I tried compile my software with new version I got the error:
Error 1 (CE29) Unable to load assembly D:\Documentos\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\GestaoEstrategica\bin\Aspose.Tasks.dll Not a valid .NET executable (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.) C:\Program Files\MSBuild\RemObjects Software\Oxygene\RemObjects.Oxygene.targets 167

How can I fix it?

Eduardo

Hi Eduardo,

We are afraid for any inconvenience caused to you.

Could you please share more details about your environment and application with us? Was the earlier license working for you for the same software that is now giving error?

I would also request you to make a simple standalone console application, set/initialize the license in it and then compile it. Please provide us your feedback then.

Hi,

My environment is Windows 8, Delphi Prism XE (update 1) with Visual Studio 2010 (update 1) and Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5.
The error is giving in the same software. I just changed Aspose.Tasks dll and license file for new version. the problem occurs in compilation. It seens RemObjects.Oxygene used by Delphi Prism doesn’t recognize aspose dll’s like a valid .NET assembly. Do you know if exists any compatibility problem?
The same problem occured in simples standalone application too.

Eduardo

Hi Eduardo,

Could you please answer the following questions one by one. This will help us to narrow down the issue and assist you further.
  1. What was your previous setup with which you didn’t get any compilation error?
  2. Which version of Aspose.Tasks you were using earlier that did not cause any compilation error?
  3. Which version of Aspose.Tasks are you using now with which you are getting compilation error?
  4. Could you please check all the DLLs of the Aspose.Tasks (you can locate these in the Bin folder under Program Files on your pc) and check if any of these work for you? Actually, we want to get a feedback so as to know the compatibility with .NET Framework 4.5.

Hi,

1. What was your previous setup with which you didn’t get any compilation error?
Setup is the same. I just changed Aspose.licence file and Aspose.tasks dll reference.
2. Which version of Aspose.Tasks you were using earlier that did not cause any compilation error?
Aspose.tasks 3.3.0.0
3. Which version of Aspose.Tasks are you using now with which you are getting compilation error?

Aspose.tasks 5.2.00
4. Could
you please check all the DLLs of the Aspose.Tasks (you can locate these
in the Bin folder under Program Files on your pc) and check if any of
these work for you? Actually, we want to get a feedback so as to know
the compatibility with .NET Framework 4.5.
The compilation erros occurs with all the DLLs. The error occurs with the other Aspose.Total components too.

I will try in another enviroment.

Eduardo

Hi,

I tried in an enviroment with windows 7, Delphi Prism XE with Visual Studio 2010 and .Net Framework 4.0 and I got same compilation error. I think there is a compatibility question with Aspose .net components and my version of Delphi Prism XE/Visual Studio. I will try get a new version of Delphi Prism to test.

Eduardo

Hi,

The compilation error didn’t occur with new version of Delphi Prism XE (Delphi Prism XE 3) with Visual Studio 2012. There is a known compatibility issue with Delphi Prism XE 1, with Visual 2010 or with RemObjects 3.0? I don’t want to buy new version of Delphi Prism just to solve this problem.

Eduardo

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for providing additional information.

I have forwarded these details to our development team for further investigation of this issue under issue id: TASKS-33317. Once there is any update available in this regard, we’ll update you here. Your patience in this regard is highly appreciated.

PS: Could you please confirm to us if you are getting the same compilation error for Aspose.Email DLL as well?

Hi, Kashif.

Ok. I don’t get the error with Aspose.Email DLL.

Eduardo

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for the feedback.

If you face such issue with any other DLLs of Aspose components, you can share with us here. Our support staff for respective component will look into it for further investigation.

Kashif,

Only Aspose.Email works.

Eduardo

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for the information. Our fellow colleagues from other Aspose components may soon contact you in this regard for further assistance.